Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 24, 2003, 03:36 AM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2003
119 Posts
Brushless Controller for Logo 10

I am trying to decide on either the Hacker Master 48-3P or Schultze 18.46K ESC to go with B50-11L ( 10/12 cells ) for my logo 10. I could not make up my mind. Appreciate if you guy can help me with the pros and cons of this 2 ESC. Thanks in advance

Mike
daddyhobby is offline Find More Posts by daddyhobby
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2003, 04:58 AM
F3B enthousiast!
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Oct 2002
1,404 Posts
the Hacker Master!!definitely,it is a much better value!!and it will also take more than its rated 48 amps (some people are using some 40-3p and pulling up to 45 amps continuous with no problem)
i have 3 Hacker Master (18-3p,30-3p and 40-3p) and am very happy with them.
it also has a timing and frequency adjustable
guillaume
guillaume83 is offline Find More Posts by guillaume83
Old Apr 24, 2003, 08:05 AM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2003
119 Posts
Yes, that the reason I am in delima. Hacker Master price is very attractive. But the thing is that I read on some past thread, that the starting of Hacker Master is kind of roughhhhhh. I am hoping someone who had try both in their heli could help to comment.

Cheers

Mike
Old Apr 24, 2003, 08:30 AM
E-Heli
Palm Bay FL
Joined Mar 2003
293 Posts
My Hacker master 40-3P OPTO Heli Starts VERY smooth.
But I don't know if there's a Heli version of the 48. And I don't know if the non Heli version starts as smooth.
Krona is offline Find More Posts by Krona
Old Apr 24, 2003, 09:03 AM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,179 Posts
There is a 48 amp heli version, it is a 10-30 cell ESC and about 12 euro's more expensive than the Schultze.

Haven't used the Hacker, I do use an 18.46. Other than the starting issue (18.46 is very smooth) I kinda like the Schultze's block of dip switches on the end for programming rather than the long drawn out series of beeps and stick twiddling on the Hacker. But, you only do that once or occassionally...
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Apr 24, 2003, 09:21 AM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2003
119 Posts
Ohhh..I am glad I posted this question, I did not realise there are 2 version of Hacker Master 48-3P, one for aircraft and one for Heli. How abt the Schultze's ? Do they ahve 2 version as well.? Yes tats what a lot people commented that schultze had a smoother start. What about in flight, aerobatic...etc?

Cheers

Mike
Old Apr 24, 2003, 11:27 AM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,179 Posts
The Schultze is "Universal", there is a dip switch for heli mode or airplane mode, brake no brake, soft / medium / sharp timing, low/medium/high frequency and low or high RPM range. That last one has to do with governor mode and the pole count on your motor. Either position works but if you have it mismatched with the type of motor you use your throttle position where the speed varies will be down around 18% instead of 80 as an example.

It does a good job in flight, can't comment about aerobatics.
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Apr 24, 2003, 12:22 PM
Nottingham - UK
Joined Mar 2003
49 Posts
An interesting read on Hacker software problem on Runryder forum which may explain the odd start up behaviour of some Hacker ESC's
Jaydee
jaydee is offline Find More Posts by jaydee
Old Apr 25, 2003, 07:47 AM
United States, SC, Easley
Joined Dec 2002
26 Posts
I use both the Hacker Master heli 48-3P Opto and the Schulze 18.46 in my Logo 10's. I use both Hacker and Aveox motors with each of these controllers.
The Hacker 48-3P has worked well for me, has a "crisp" initial start up and then ramps up smoothly. The governor mode in the Hacker is OK, but that's all. It does not recognize more than one governor speed.

The Schulze 18.46 in my opinion is a MUCH better controller for a little more money. There is a marked improvement in performance in motor performance over the Hacker using the Schulze controller. The Schulze controller is not as tolerant of a proximity issue with the receiver and it's companants. Several folks have had glitching using the Schulze controller. These have always dissapeared after going back and getting the receiver and associated wiring to the receiver away from the ESC and motor battery. This should be done in any electric, but at the frequency the Schulze operates, the issue shows up.

Hope this helps!!

BIGRCR- John Garst

Miniature Aircraft field representative.
RC-Direct/Mikado field representative.

If I can't help, I'll learn something too!
BIGRCR is online now Find More Posts by BIGRCR
Last edited by BIGRCR; Apr 25, 2003 at 07:49 AM.