Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:04 PM
Find More Posts by TheDingus
one man's trash
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2011
37 Posts
Discussion
32ch 5.8g rx with OLED display

Hi, I have been wanting a 32ch 5.8g rx that I can velcro onto my goggles(RCV922 2.4g). I have looked around and most available rxs are too bulky to put on my goggles comfortably. I also looked at installing a module, but want more channels than this would allow.

I have started flying fpv with others a lot more frequently and also want an easier way of identifying and switching channels at the field. Now, my video rx uses dip switches, and it is extremely troublesome to change channels and also to figure out what channel I am currently using.

I ordered some parts and plan on making a compact 32ch 5.8g rx with a small OLED display that will show channel information at a glance. I plan on having the current band, channel, and frequency in Hz displayed on the screen. I can then velcro the rx onto my goggles or tripod and anyone can quickly check and see what channel I am using.

I am starting this build with an rx5802 module, a DC-DC buck converter, a couple arduino nano clones, and a mini OLED screen. I still have to figure out the right parts to use for controlling the channels.

It is going to take some work and tinkering... but once I get it working, it will be my ideal rx(well, almost, it needs diversity but I will just have to make a v2).

I just wanted see if there is any interest in this sort of thing. I always gawk at new frames and motors and FCs... but the video rx market seems to have very few, if any, units that are advancing to include features desired by fpv flyers like myself.
TheDingus is offline Find More Posts by TheDingus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2015, 04:25 PM
Find More Posts by TheDingus
one man's trash
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2011
37 Posts
I have gotten the basic parts that I need to assemble the rx. I have been fiddling with the screen and am going to have to learn more arduino coding before I will be able to finish the project.
I have realized that I will be able to add an rssi indicator on the RX screen
All of the components can be made into a small enough housing to be mounted on top of goggles.
TheDingus is offline Find More Posts by TheDingus