HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:45 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Aug 2012
50 Posts
They've said multiple times that they expect a big shipment at the end of august (yes I'm aware that they've been out of stock for months). I'll simply say that if they don't stock up for the coming holiday season stick a fork in them.

PS my buying...other than can't pass up deals (I'm looking at you UMX Mig-15) is basically don't for the rest of this year, so their lack of product doesn't really affect me.
rogue wolf is offline Find More Posts by rogue wolf
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:49 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscott31 View Post
Updating web pages with instant stock is not difficult, but that is besides the point
A $100 barcode scanner connected to their inventory system would do that automagically when the item was scanned and or sold.
dedStik is online now Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Aug 16, 2013, 03:49 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
A $100 barcode scanner connected to their inventory system
You're implying they even HAVE an inventory system
typicalaimster is online now Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Aug 16, 2013, 05:58 PM
Joined Feb 2012
205 Posts
Banana hobby

I have had nothing but good from them. Shipping was fast
Service was ok. But I do wish they would carry more stock though.
mensite is online now Find More Posts by mensite
Old Aug 16, 2013, 06:27 PM
Seattle
Joined Dec 2001
1,440 Posts
I don't mind the out of stock flags at any of the on-line dealers, if it is truly out of stock (and it's coming sometime soon) AND there's an option of getting an email when the item is back in stock, HK are good at this. I'd also like a way of turning off all the out of stock items so I know what's available; hunting through pages of out of stock items for something that's close to what I want and it's available is a pain. I agree with BlazerB52 they all need to drop items that are never coming back into stock.
2 cents worth,
fuelsguy is offline Find More Posts by fuelsguy
Old Aug 17, 2013, 11:24 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,927 Posts
Don't buy from suppliers with this kind of reputation. Rob's RC Hobbies, locally, carries most of the E-Flite and Park Zone line and replacement parts, can order anything I need from a local supplier and have it in five business days. There is a club discount. I can also order from reliable customer-friendly online sources like Tower and Hobby Lobby as well as many smaller ones. For a few more bucks, why suffer? If we patronize good sources, they may be able to stay in business despite cut-throat pricing by Asian sources.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:54 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged View Post
Don't buy from suppliers with this kind of reputation. Rob's RC Hobbies, locally, carries most of the E-Flite and Park Zone line and replacement parts, can order anything I need from a local supplier and have it in five business days. There is a club discount. I can also order from reliable customer-friendly online sources like Tower and Hobby Lobby as well as many smaller ones. For a few more bucks, why suffer? If we patronize good sources, they may be able to stay in business despite cut-throat pricing by Asian sources.
If the US suppliers had as many intersting scale model choices as the Asian ARF suppliers that this thread is complaining about, I would agree with you completely.

However, the are hundreds of interesting models that are not available from the US suppliers. I have had overall excellent results with the models that I have gotten from BH and NP that are not as readily available elsewhere.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Aug 18, 2013, 01:40 AM
Norway
Joined Dec 2007
1,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
If the US suppliers had as many intersting scale model choices as the Asian ARF suppliers
available elsewhere.
Same in Europe but some smaller brands like Alfa Model allow direct
purchase try that!
FLOEY is offline Find More Posts by FLOEY
Old Sep 02, 2013, 04:27 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxwing View Post
Buy with confidence........not!
Pete quit
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Sep 02, 2013, 04:28 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscott31 View Post
I just wanted to give a shout out to Banana Hobby for not having aircraft in stock. Good job Banana, you guys get better every year! - Sarcasm.

On a serious note, has anyone out there noticed that about 95% of Bananas planes are out of stock and have been for quite some time? How the heck do they stay in business, seriously. What a joke. Hanger 9, here I come!

Sorry if this rant upsets some of you off and/or you think I'm in the wrong category, but this is a great outlet and hopefully that pathetic company will see it!
Hangar 9 over priced junk
Old Sep 04, 2013, 11:29 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
1,341 Posts
Just to throw 2 cents worth in about Banana Hobby and every RC company.

Every one has issues within a company. BH is a family business and is trying to become bigger than they are. But I have bought from them and they have been great. Pete's video's sort of helped me get back into this hobby.

I believe in giving everyone a chance. I have bought from Banana Hobby, Motion RC, Tower Hobbies , Hobby King, and Nitro Planes, Nitro Heli , Nitro RCX, Nitro Partz , Horizon Hobby etc etc

Every Company has it great points and it's need to work on points.

One bad problem does not equate to making a company Suck as the original Poster stated

Years ago it was mail order and we never had an internet. Snail Mail and never knowing for sure what you were getting at times.
Tower Hobbies use to be one of the best, now their customer service and product prices are no where near as they once was, but still a good company, and I buy from still . Horizon Hobby Products are expensive and reviews show many product problems but not allot of Horizon Hobby sucks posts at all ...so why is that ? They work with the Customer to solve issues that's why.........

Motion RC those guys are really customer oriented. As is Nitro Planes, in my experience.
Hobby King so far has also been a great company to purchase from and I have had no issues with Banana Hobby.

But on any review forum you have those who had a bad experience with one or the other and they blast them because of it.

Speak what happened , let everyone know the issues and let them decide to deal with them or not.Unless they simply refuse to deal with an issue and or never do nothing at all, with an issue, I can not say their a bad company.

What ever the name of a company is...everyone of them have issues at some point...can't shut anyone down simply over one issue......people are human and they all make mistakes

and if a persons appearance stops one from being human and knowledgeable about a hobby or a product that would mean all of you are worthless. I dare say None of you are a 10 in appearance...I know i am not.

people's reviews need to be about the issue that allows everyone a fair shake and and the company in question a fair shake.......again BH is a family Company and is not a corporation....so customer service is like calling a distant cousin, do not expect to much, but be patient at some point if you keep trying you will get it corrected..maybe.

that's my take

Btw does anyone have a list of Hobby Places within the U.S....and any outside it ? They deal with other than the few I mentioned ?
HGhost is offline Find More Posts by HGhost
Old Sep 05, 2013, 10:00 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis View Post
Hangar 9 over priced junk
Sorry, but not everyone shares that opinion. Every Hangar 9 model I own (five of them) has been of very good quality, flies extremely well and while a little more costly than some of the cheap asian ARFs, offer great value for the money.

Add in the excellent support given by Horizon Hobby and pretty good parts availability and it makes them a great brand.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Sep 10, 2013, 06:42 AM
Australia, NSW, Balgowlah Heights
Joined May 2013
381 Posts
What happened to their range. They use to have a large selection of war birds including B17- now no b17 and only 3 pages of planes.
what happened ?
farrari is offline Find More Posts by farrari
Old Sep 10, 2013, 09:31 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,912 Posts
BH was sold to another company and that is why Pete left
Old Sep 11, 2013, 03:48 PM
United States, CA, Pomona
Joined Mar 2008
80 Posts
Ummmm maybe you outta do a little research HGhost, I think there is more than one issue with Banana LOL. However, your input is of course appreciated.
jmscott31 is offline Find More Posts by jmscott31