SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2013, 04:38 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,644 Posts
Discussion
bearings ?

Hi , can the bearings in a 1515/2.5D/HF be changed by the user ? or do I have to send it in ? if the later , what is the charge to do so ? thanks , love your products ....Dennis
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2013, 05:55 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett View Post
Hi , can the bearings in a 1515/2.5D/HF be changed by the user ? or do I have to send it in ? if the later , what is the charge to do so ? thanks , love your products ....Dennis

If you feel ok with taking the motor apart there is nothing difficult in replacing bearings----just make sure you get the spacers and shims back in the right places and make sure none escape into the gap between the rotor and stator--causes bad things to happen. You need a press of some type and some Locktite.

Steve
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Old Jul 03, 2013, 07:48 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,644 Posts
I sent the motor in today , any idea what the turn around time will be ? I should have put a note in the box that I will be out of town and I might not be able to get a hold of .. Dennis
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Jul 04, 2013, 08:41 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett View Post
I sent the motor in today , any idea what the turn around time will be ? I should have put a note in the box that I will be out of town and I might not be able to get a hold of .. Dennis
It should be done within a week of arriving.

Steve
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu