HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:17 PM
Model Maniac
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Jun 2004
156 Posts
Looks like your building a P-51B. 1/4 sheet wood wings would be to thick. it's a small plane and needs to be lite to fly well. You might consider a P-51 rubber band kit?
I use AUTO CAD lite and Compufoil3D also. It does take some time to draw CAD plans. I wish had some spare time I would help you out. good luck
Ibinde is offline Find More Posts by Ibinde
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:56 PM
USA, TN, Knoxville
Joined Oct 2004
351 Posts
cad help

I'm also looking for help... I have done the bulkhead drawings but my laser cutter wants all the bulkheads on one sheet to save material and cut time. I have asked a few people and did some reading and saw nesting and a block drawing but still confused. can some one point me to a good tutorial , i learn by watching or what would some one charge to move about 6 bulkheads to 2 separate sheet drawings.

Scott
patternpilot1 is online now Find More Posts by patternpilot1
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:38 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibinde View Post
Looks like your building a P-51B. 1/4 sheet wood wings would be to thick. it's a small plane and needs to be lite to fly well. You might consider a P-51 rubber band kit?
I use AUTO CAD lite and Compufoil3D also. It does take some time to draw CAD plans. I wish had some spare time I would help you out. good luck
It is a 'B'. I need it to be strong and be able to withstand crashes since I will be training kids with it. I will have a couple of others for them to 'graduate' too.
bayou_city_boy is offline Find More Posts by bayou_city_boy
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:16 AM
Coming home to Canada soon
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2002
568 Posts
bayou_city_boy; I am prepared to help. I use AutoCad and do all of my drawings in CAD these days. Let me know if I can be of assistance. I am in Germany at the moment but will move back to Canada in June.

Mark.
Mark Winstanley is offline Find More Posts by Mark Winstanley