SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Aug 08, 2013, 08:51 PM
Joined May 2002
239 Posts
Jim, how are the plans for a 8x, four on top of four, for gliders coming along?
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2013, 10:57 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE III View Post
X10 Query

Thanks Jim and the crew,
I am hanging in there, and want some.
So if my 11 Ch Tx only outputs nine in PPM, I need two X10's to get the extra channels?
Can we download a manual so old blokes like me can get it clearly?

George
If your Tx outputs only outputs 9 channels, then you would only need one expander.

There will be a manual to download soon.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2013, 10:59 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grich View Post
Jim, how are the plans for a 8x, four on top of four, for gliders coming along?
The design is done. It's the exact same board as the X10, and uses the same code, just in a cube shape.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2013, 01:12 AM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
The design is done. It's the exact same board as the X10, and uses the same code, just in a cube shape.
so you cut the board in four strips and formed a cube shape with the connectors inside the cube, neat! (just pulling your leg)
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Aug 09, 2013, 10:03 AM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,401 Posts
So what is going to be required in terms of an interface to program the X10 if the XDP is not going to be used? Is there going to be some sort of special cable to buy?
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Aug 09, 2013, 10:42 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,821 Posts
You will need a serial interface cable. I have been trying to modify one of the inexpensive FTDI interfaces from China so that it will work as a half-duplex device. I have FTDI themselves looking into a solution for these. If this can be done, then the software we have for the XDP will actually work just like it was a wireless device.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2013, 05:03 PM
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
You will need a serial interface cable..
do you mean that the connection will be from a PC USB port to a USB/RS-232 converter? If that is the case, for people that still have (or have added one) RS-232 port on their PC, do they need to use an FTDI cable at all?
Old Aug 09, 2013, 05:29 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,821 Posts
The serial interface plugs into a USB port, via a USB Type A to Mini-B cable (like the XDP, cell phones, etc.)

The device has a pin connector output or hard wired connection with a servo plug.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2013, 08:04 PM
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
The serial interface plugs into a USB port, via a USB Type A to Mini-B cable (like the XDP, cell phones, etc.)

The device has a pin connector output or hard wired connection with a servo plug.
I know what you mean, I just wondered it if would work plugged directly in an Rs-232 port.
I have lots of STDI cables and adapters , all for different applications.
My cables rack is getting bigger than my CD collection!
Old Aug 10, 2013, 12:16 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,821 Posts
The device has to be made with an FTDI USB to serial converter chip.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2013, 05:15 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,821 Posts
I spent the day at the flying field testing the final changes made. I flew a QQ Yak with a Nano, and then removed the receiver, reordered a couple of channels on the X10+ unit and swapped the Nano for a Futaba R2008SB SBUS receiver. I then flew it using a Futaba 10C/TM-FH setup. I setup failsafe for all of the channels to do different things and turned off and on the transmitter constantly while flying. The results were as expected, but its nice to confirm that everything worked perfectly (still).

X10+ boards are being programmed starting Monday morning. We will have labels for the new Serial Link USB device on Monday too. It will probably take a couple of days to really ramp up things, but the X10+ units and Serial Link will be officially available on Monday, September 16th, 2013.

The specifications have changed quite a bit from the concept, so I will start a new discussion thread.

The product has been released... please see this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1998041
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Sep 14, 2013 at 06:26 PM.
Closed Thread