HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2009, 11:46 AM
Fort Erie Ont. Canada
Joined Jan 2005
461 Posts
Question
Electrifly Camel

OK I didn't have any luck trying to find much about this kit as I have one setting in the shop looking to get built.I did read a review on it here someplace but was wondering if anyone else has built one.Anybody do any detail work to one and anything to look out for when building.Best motor combo to use?Thanks,John
John.G is offline Find More Posts by John.G
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2009, 01:48 PM
milwaukee wi usa
Joined Nov 2000
200 Posts
here ya go:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962756

just got mine flying about 2 weeks ago. most (inc myself) moved the cg forward to about 68mm. the instructions called for 73mm and i gotta say it was a squid! i also noticed (on mine) that the wing incidence was way off ......so had to shim accordingly.
its faster than scale, not a trainer but a neat plane.
robert
mke
rbtgold is online now Find More Posts by rbtgold
Old Oct 07, 2009, 06:07 PM
Jimmy
United States, NJ, Highland Lakes
Joined Oct 2008
757 Posts
Same here after about 3 really out of control flights got mine flying right, CG set at 64mm. 400 speed motor and 18amp esc, only pulls 11 amps w/130 watts. likes to fly at half to 2/3rds. It still wants to balloon up at full. I think you have to land a little hot and fly it down to touch the mains and then let it sit on the tail wire. btw 10x4.7 apc prop. good luck Jimmy
Jimmy1159 is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy1159
Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:14 AM
Fort Erie Ont. Canada
Joined Jan 2005
461 Posts
Thanks for the thread as thats what I was hoping to find in the way of things to look for when I build mine.I'm thinking of a colour change from stock and some airbrushing to dirting it up a little and some small scale detailing.Winter is just around the corner so building season is just about here.Thanks,John
John.G is offline Find More Posts by John.G