SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:21 PM
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Aug 2012
207 Posts
Discussion
Hey I flew a plane sucessfully

well it is not that big of an achievement since as I did fly a night vapor about 10 times before it did nothing for me and I got tired of fixing the motor mount as it broke so easily I finally just stick with my helicopters. been fling cps upto my 130x for 2 months somewhat successfully and using a flight sim with less success but for the planes. so I bought a parkzone micro trojan Monday and today it finally stopped raining and I went out and flew it with a few hiccups till I got it trimmed and then off I went. my flying space is maybe the size of a gym square with trees all around so not a lot of room. but it was easy keeping in the space and the plane flew great at 1/2 throttle. turns on a dime and I was doing banked turns and they felt so natural. I am glad I did not get a champ like I was debating on. second fight I did loops and stalls and only hit the ground a few times ( got to learn to fly height er) nipped a tree and did a 360 and kept on flying.
had a blast and now starting to look at something more advanced. I need to learn to be smooth and that will take time of course. I had debated on getting the polecat and almost wish I did. but when money becomes free I will by something else. not sure what it has to be small and maneuverable and can land in course grass.
I debated on making a portable runway but I doubt I could land on a 8' long 2' wide runway. take off yes but not land. so I guess I won't bother. the worst came when I was walking in the field and a blackberry vine tripped me and I almost landed on the plane. then going down a steep little bank behind my house I slipped on dog poop and almost landed on the plane again
fooferdoggie is offline Find More Posts by fooferdoggie
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:29 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
1,050 Posts
I love my UM T-28 but the I actually had that that before I bought my Champ. I love both of these planes you don't need a huge field to fly them in so can fly around my area. Champ you can look away for a bit and you know where it is going the T-28 you pretty much need to keep your eyes on it not as forgiving as the champ but a great micro to fly..

Good Luck
Ginohio is offline Find More Posts by Ginohio
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Aug 2012
207 Posts
With a collective pitch helli and me you can't ever look away. Ailerons seem so natural I did not really want to go the champ route. I know that would not have been the case without the helli experience. With I could take off and land with wheels but that won't happen unless I leave home.
I bid on a beast cheap on eBay and just won so I guess that's next.
Now they just need reverse and up and down on that silly plane (g).
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:32 AM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,583 Posts
There are small EPP planes that are easy to put together and if built light, they'll fly in small areas. Most will fly in the street in front of my house.
The ones I have are mid-wing and grass landers and use standard cheap 6g servos. like this one;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hacker-Zoom4...item2a1953d64d

I also design my own;
Butch777 is offline Find More Posts by Butch777
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:45 AM
PowerTower
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2009
1,093 Posts
If you go scratch-building, look up Funbat as it's flight envelope is wide open
Flies in windy conditions or calm, also handles extremely well. You can fly it gentle with a moderate motor/prop setup, or hot it up and fly it like you stole it
RWData is offline Find More Posts by RWData
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie View Post
With a collective pitch helli and me you can't ever look away. Ailerons seem so natural I did not really want to go the champ route. I know that would not have been the case without the helli experience. With I could take off and land with wheels but that won't happen unless I leave home.
I bid on a beast cheap on eBay and just won so I guess that's next.
Now they just need reverse and up and down on that silly plane (g).
??? - you're not flying it with controls reversed are you? You change that in your transmitter.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
207 Posts
I found it is best not to fly a helli then a plane then repeat. I would fly ok with the helli then I would try to fly a plane like a helli get close to the ground and instead of pulling back on the stick I am hitting the throttle oops. then I fly my helly and I pull back on the stick verses push up on the throttle.