HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:17 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Germans, Austrians, and others of that persuasion like the fact that we spelled it correctly, Bill!
True enough, but we are not in Germany or Austria

Ba-Zinga!!!
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:44 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,304 Posts
But our radios ARE, scads of them!

Double BA-ZINGA!

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:50 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,427 Posts
Ach Nee!
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:45 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,668 Posts
Not all of us are from LA or SanFran.They just want everyone to think thats how the entire state should be.
I kind of recently discovered that not all of Ill was like Chicago.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:05 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Apr 2008
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
When DSM2 was introduced, there were transmitter impounds and only 6-8 pilots in the air at a time. Even then, you had to be careful about which frequencies were on the air to prevent certain combinations from causing shoot-downs.

Who expected Spektrum to change all that virtually overnight? Suddenly events that used to be big could now become monstrous, and get rid of impounds at the same time. Instead of 6-8, 60-80 pilots were flying at a time!

The system that provided reliable support for over 40 planes in the air (something beyond anybody's wildest dreams at the time) needed to support way more. Way way more! So we released DSMX - built upon DSM2.

THAT'S why DSMX came about. Not because of a "flaw" but because of the Law of Unintended Consequences.

Andy
Exactly, which is why I went straight to Futaba so I could save all the worry's about the future, still using the original protocol, and still the best.

I sure get a good laugh reading all the fanboys on here, I'm sure glad I picked a hopping system right off the bat and can feel good about the product I chose. Hate to be in the other camp going on their 4th protocol and having to spend all my time in this thread trying to convince myself.
Mikecam is offline Find More Posts by Mikecam
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:59 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecam View Post
Exactly, which is why I went straight to Futaba so I could save all the worry's about the future, still using the original protocol, and still the best.

I sure get a good laugh reading all the fanboys on here, I'm sure glad I picked a hopping system right off the bat and can feel good about the product I chose. Hate to be in the other camp going on their 4th protocol and having to spend all my time in this thread trying to convince myself.
I find it very amusing that adults turn into children when talking about their toys I still don't get the whole mine is better than yours thing but do find this thread a hoot. Ok, here it goes- my Spektrum TX is better than your Futaba TX

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:00 PM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
My DX 8 is bigger than your stinkin' Fuh, Tah, Bah!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:14 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Hate to be in the other camp going on their 4th protocol and having to spend all my time in this thread trying to convince myself.
Could be worst... You could be a guy who's not owning a Spektrum Tx, spending all his time in thread like this to try to convince himself that you made the right move.... Now, that would be bad.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:14 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,427 Posts
Quote:

Other camp fourth protocol?
where have you been
good that you likeyour equipment
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:42 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Aren't they offering a couple different non compatible systems?

Early on, a Futaba guy told me I made the better choice going with Spektrum because his last crash would've been avoided if he had ModelMatch. I don't think he regrets his decision any longer if he reads RCG.
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:05 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Horrible Spektrum story

I was flying on Sunday at our club. A good buddy of mine and I went to go fly at the same time. I launched my wildcat on a dx7 and he took off with his funcub on an Aurora 9. I don't think he made it around the patch ounce when he lost control and it nose dived in. He was certain it's his radio. I landed and felt horrible that he crashed and I had yet another successful Spektum flight.

Though all of the above is true..........

Spektrum fanboy? no

Sarcasm fanboy? maybe
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:24 PM
Suspended Account
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
9,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
I was flying on Sunday at our club. A good buddy of mine and I went to go fly at the same time. I launched my wildcat on a dx7 and he took off with his funcub on an Aurora 9. I don't think he made it around the patch ounce when he lost control and it nose dived in. He was certain it's his radio. I landed and felt horrible that he crashed and I had yet another successful Spektum flight.

Though all of the above is true..........

Spektrum fanboy? no

Sarcasm fanboy? maybe
An "ounce" of prevention?
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:15 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
lol once I may have been good at spelling.......or was the ounce I may
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:18 AM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,237 Posts
Quote:

4th?
DSM
DSM2
DSMX
dfrazier is online now Find More Posts by dfrazier
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:19 AM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Apr 2008
939 Posts
Dsmj ???
Mikecam is offline Find More Posts by Mikecam