HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:07 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
I enjoyed using my SL feature yesterday and today. I dont know what I was expecting after some of the stuff I read.
I copied bank 1 into bank 2 then set the SL to "ON Center Stick" .Never knew it was there till I centered the stick and BAM the heli leveled itself every time today. Had a 15 mph breeze till late this afternoon but the wind layed beautifully as the sun went down and my Logo would just sit there. I could piro forever and the thing stayed in the same spot.

This feature is really going to help me when my dyslexia kicks in and I find my self losing orientation...

I have now enebles ON, Center Stick and Inverted. I cant wait to try it

I have the Logo set up in the Sport profile and it flies so well. I will turn up the control rates a bit next time out on the cyclic. Im having fun learning and flying the Sk 720 and everything is just barely warm after flying.

I now need a 540 for my little Beam, another 720 for my Outrage 550 and I want one on my Raptor E-620SE.
I can fly 11 minutes on 10S 4200 and it doesnt even flinch at high wind.
Im going to use a cheap Tarot head on my Beam E-4. Not sure what head for the E Raptor yet. I want one with the built in swash driver.
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:49 AM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Really ??? that's not what you said here just yesterday........

Quote:
On the second battery I flew a little more aggressivly. I landed and still had solid GREEN...great. unplugged and plugged back in and took off. After a couple of minutes I found that SL was not working. Vibes came back. 3 more batteries and the only way I could keep SL engaged was hovering carefully. Dam

Jamesppp
Registered Users
and that's kind of what i was talking about days ago.........
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Last edited by GetToDaChopper; Apr 02, 2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:00 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp View Post
I enjoyed using my SL feature yesterday and today. I dont know what I was expecting after some of the stuff I read.
In the next firmware release, you can set S/L to 200 percent. The heli just pops upright. You can also flip semi-automatically. S/L inverted is helping me get the muscle memory to hover inverted. S/L flip, turn of S/L and hover.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Apr 02, 2012, 03:51 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
I had to use my SL for "real" for the first time this weekend. It was a beautiful weekend and I was flying in a very large open area very far away from me and up very high. I was distracted by someone talking to me for just a second and glanced away from the heli and into the sun.

I was amazed that in such a short time I became so disoriented. I suddenly found myself having no idea which way the heli was facing and the next thing I know I'm all sorts of sideways and coming down and so far away it's just a shadow.

Flipped the switch and let go to get it level and then turned side in to figure out my orientation. Scared the crap out of me!
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Apr 02, 2012, 06:08 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
I had to use my SL for "real" for the first time this weekend. It was a beautiful weekend and I was flying in a very large open area very far away from me and up very high. I was distracted by someone talking to me for just a second and glanced away from the heli and into the sun.

I was amazed that in such a short time I became so disoriented. I suddenly found myself having no idea which way the heli was facing and the next thing I know I'm all sorts of sideways and coming down and so far away it's just a shadow.

Flipped the switch and let go to get it level and then turned side in to figure out my orientation. Scared the crap out of me!
Same thing happened to me on Saturday, except I was inverted.
I'm spending a lot of time practicing keeping it closer.

Rick
Old Apr 02, 2012, 08:55 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
Today I used the inverted self level feature and it worked as well as the upright mode worked yesterday.
I think I have the vibe issue solved with my Logo. When it shut down Saturday the belt was a bit looser than I normally like it but I have boom pinned and I didnt want to move the tailcase.
I re-pinned the boom with the belt tight and loosened the the pinion/main gear interface a bit and the logs look good now. I have always run the herringbone pinion snug to the tightest point I can find an the main gear but it seemed more like a guess.

I have the round tailcase that came with the 5003D kit on the boom now but I have the so called carbon upgrade tail in hand as well as all the parts for a complete new rotor on order. Maybe I wont have to install that stuff till I damage what is on there.

Hopefully the wind will calm down tomorrow.

Rick, I have the SL set on 80 (default). What is yours set on now?

Jimmy
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:36 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp View Post
Today I used the inverted self level feature and it worked as well as the upright mode worked yesterday.
I think I have the vibe issue solved with my Logo. When it shut down Saturday the belt was a bit looser than I normally like it but I have boom pinned and I didnt want to move the tailcase.
I re-pinned the boom with the belt tight and loosened the the pinion/main gear interface a bit and the logs look good now. I have always run the herringbone pinion snug to the tightest point I can find an the main gear but it seemed more like a guess.

I have the round tailcase that came with the 5003D kit on the boom now but I have the so called carbon upgrade tail in hand as well as all the parts for a complete new rotor on order. Maybe I wont have to install that stuff till I damage what is on there.

Hopefully the wind will calm down tomorrow.

Rick, I have the SL set on 80 (default). What is yours set on now?

Jimmy
I have the beta firmware release.

Rick
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:53 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816 View Post

Rick
3.10? That is what I am running.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:09 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,078 Posts
Quote:

Rick
What ever happened to the next firmware update. The old rumors were that it was to be out late February but that was a long time ago and I have heard nothing about a new date.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:22 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
What ever happened to the next firmware update. The old rumors were that it was to be out late February but that was a long time ago and I have heard nothing about a new date.

Im assuming that is the one that Rick and a few others have and are testing right now.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:28 AM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
when it comes to 720 firmware updates you can't pay any attention to rumored release dates or you'll be dissapointed every time.......
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:52 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
In the next firmware release, you can set S/L to 200 percent. The heli just pops upright. You can also flip semi-automatically. S/L inverted is helping me get the muscle memory to hover inverted. S/L flip, turn of S/L and hover.

Rick
What benefit does the 200% SL give us Rick? I have mine set at 100% now with a 300 cyclic response and it's pretty much instant when I flip the switch and you have to fight the heli to move it out of level. I'm not sure I'm understanding what going to 200% would do since it already has to be forced to move off level at 100%

Thanks
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:39 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,307 Posts
There are numerous things going on with the new release. Much of the new software is aimed also at the quad guys. The 200% Rick is talking about, I will let him explain since he opened it up.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Apr 03, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Oct 2000
197 Posts
SK GPS here http://www.rcmania.hk/2012/04/21519/11
Kenneth is offline Find More Posts by Kenneth
Old Apr 03, 2012, 02:05 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
At 80% on the self leveling it is pretty much a seamless transition from stable hover back into flying around.
Just what I was hopeing for. I still feel connected to the heli even though I is more point and shoot.
This afternoon is looking good for some more airtime.

SEFF Is coming up. I'm looking forward to spending a couple of days there