HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 05:32 AM
United Kingdom, England, Middlesbrough
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
Question
DX9 newbie

HI
I have recently purchased a DX9 transmitter and am impressed to the myriad of new functions available in comparison to my old DX6i. However there are a few points I could use some help/advice with.

1: Is there any sound file updates? or can new ones be added? (I would like a 'RATE MODE' option)PS I have updated to the latest firmware already.
2: In the servo setup menu you can adjust the speed of servos/throttle response which is great, but can you have say two setting for throttle assigned to the flight mode switch. ( I am attempting to spool up in normal flight mode with a very slow throttle response and want full throttle response once idle up/stunt mode is engaged).

Sorry if these are topics covered previously, I have searched for a while and keep getting side-lined by the huge amount of useful info available here.
Thanks to those who take the time and spread there knowledge!
conisat is online now Find More Posts by conisat
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,795 Posts
Yes there are sound updates. Read the update page ! Phrases not covered yet will probably come with the next update, which should be a big one. And sometimes in the future there will also be a tool to record your own sound files.

You can do a slow spoolup with the sequencer. Fool around a little bit with it.
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,997 Posts
Where you updated or got the update for your TX you should see a link to updated sound file.

The ability to add custom voice alerts is in the works according to spektrum official RCG member AndyKunz.

What you request for speed and throttle is usually a function of Heli copter esc or at least some of them.

At this time it only support two different speed delay. Normal or your desired delay so what you can try is set your speed delay and then assign your Flight Mode as the switch at bottom of screen.

What this should do is have one mode with your delay and the other without.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I have the latest sound files so we will just have to wait for spectrum to release the next set of upgrades

As to the servo adjust page's, having the ability to adjust Travel/Speed/balance/sub trim independently for each flight mode would open up a new world of possibilities: cool:

I can think of literally hundreds of applications this would be useful for and could even be used to simplify switch operations during flight on complicated setups, just my two pence worth! thanks again for your replies gents.
Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
26,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by conisat View Post
As to the servo adjust page's, having the ability to adjust Travel/Speed/balance/sub trim independently for each flight mode would open up a new world of possibilities
The Servo menu is for controlling the servo parameters. It's a very "low level" set of functions.

Sub trim is a function used to correct small mechanical issues. It is very logically, very strongly related to the model and therefore would be totally irrespective of the flight mode.

Likewise, Balance is used to ensure that two servos travel as a pair, correctly matching each other all along the way. Think about it. You don't want servos to become mismatched by FM. You want them to work as a unit all the time.

Speed is usually used to allow scale-like operation for retracts and drag brakes, although it does have uses beyond those. Just not very many. Those functions which typically require slowed movement are handled by a higher level function such as the throttle spool-up ("Delay" on the screens) or flap action with elevator compensation.

Absolute Travel is used to limit a servo's range to prevent it from binding or from traveling beyond a limit which is physically imposed.

Travel is a "gain" or "amplification" system. It allows you to balance the output of the higher-level functions to the aircraft. Old guys will use it to create differential as a holdover from before it was available at higher levels.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
The sequencer will not allow me to assign to the throttle channel, I have played about and can not get the desired response. Could you be a little more specific?
Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
26,074 Posts
You use a mix to draw it into the throttle channel. You don't need to assign it to a channel to use it as a mix input.

Mix S1A > THR to do that.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
26,074 Posts
It would be handy to know exactly what you're trying to accomplish, too. That way we can show you how to do it best.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
Speed is usually used to allow scale-like operation for retracts and drag brakes, although it does have uses beyond those. Just not very many. Those functions which typically require slowed movement are handled by a higher level function such as the throttle spool-up ("Delay" on the screens) or flap action with elevator compensation.

Andy where on the menus can I find this throttle spool-up "Delay", the only Delay I can find is in throttle hold mode 0-5seconds

I am not sure if I am missing something but it seems the DX9 is very limited.

Is there a good website for tutorials or programing techniques, hopefully I will get my head round the less than intuitive higher level functions or the check book will be out again and a large order of FASST recievers..... Hope it doesn't come to that though!
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
26,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by conisat View Post
Andy where on the menus can I find this throttle spool-up "Delay", the only Delay I can find is in throttle hold mode 0-5seconds
That is where it is. In heli there is a delay going from Hold Mode to Normal (or other) modes. That's where that ramp comes into play.

In Acro it's part of the Throttle Cut screen.

If you want to, you CAN create a throttle delay using the servo function, but mostly you're going to want it only during spool-up. You can make it switched, too - that's what the Switch option is for on the Servo Speed screen.

Quote:
Is there a good website for tutorials or programing techniques,
This site is great for that. The best thread is obviously the one that covers the whole family (DX6, DX7, DX9, DX10T, DX18-family).

If you don't see it here in the 800 pages, feel free to ask!

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,997 Posts
Have you tried the Servo Setup Speed and assigning it to your Flight Mode?????
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Today, 06:01 AM
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
Freechip
Yes that is how i currently have it, in normal flight mode used only for spool-up I want a 12 second min-max response and no delay spool down. In idle up 1 I fly scale and perform auto rotations with a 2-3 second throttle min-max response(this gives the power train a chance to keep up without excessive bogging/current draw on auto rotation bail out) and roll/pitch servos 0.6 second response with 65% travel(tame scale flight).In idle 2 I want max travel/response across the board. I use Hold mode for entering auto rotations and as a secondary throttle cut(I like having a cut on both sides of transmitter)
This is how I want it but am unable to work out how and am beginning to doubt it is possible on the DX9.