HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2015, 09:58 PM
addicted rc'er
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Dec 2009
927 Posts
anyone here able to post recomendations for building up the kit version? mainly motors /esc's used and prop sizes.

planning on buying the kit next month!
i also have a lot of 6s batteries lying around wonder if thats too much for this bird?

awsome pics Cherubs!
acky is online now Find More Posts by acky
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2015, 03:22 AM
Joined Dec 2013
6 Posts
Can any one help my nose gear goes up when on the ground, but in the air does not fully retract stick down about 2 inch, Say out of 5 flight the nose gear will fully retract maybe once. On the ground trolley i never ever have a problem the gear goes up all the way. I have run out of things to do i have pushed, cut foam, oiled up the moving parts.. I freak out about the gear door ripping off or burning the servo out if i fly around with it like that so i always fly with the gear down soo much drag i continuously recycle the gear. O boy run out of things too do
waka172rg is online now Find More Posts by waka172rg
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:27 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
It's in the design

Mine does the same thing, but I have lessened it by not using the rudder when I pull up the gear. Current limiter kicks in after a few seconds to prevent frying the servo.
cherubs 9 is offline Find More Posts by cherubs 9
Old Jan 19, 2015, 03:03 PM
Joined Dec 2013
6 Posts
That is so good to know. It's amazing how it doesn't do it on the ground it must be like you say in the rudder on take off. Oh I'm glad I won't burn the servos out Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2015, 07:06 PM
Joined Dec 2013
6 Posts
So if i purchase the FMS 1400mm / 1.4m F6F propeller and hub?.. Should i get the motor shaft or does it not fit on stock motors? i think remember some one posting about heat shrink on the stock shafts?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 02:32 AM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waka172rg View Post
Can any one help my nose gear goes up when on the ground, but in the air does not fully retract stick down about 2 inch, Say out of 5 flight the nose gear will fully retract maybe once. On the ground trolley i never ever have a problem the gear goes up all the way. I have run out of things to do i have pushed, cut foam, oiled up the moving parts.. I freak out about the gear door ripping off or burning the servo out if i fly around with it like that so i always fly with the gear down soo much drag i continuously recycle the gear. O boy run out of things too do
It is also possible that the nose gear wheel is jamming if it is on the same channel as the rudder...If you have a spare channel..you could link them so that the steering does not operate when landing gear is up.
agedflier is offline Find More Posts by agedflier
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:31 AM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
custom

I also use 870kv Tacon motors with shaft adapters and 70amp esc's
cherubs 9 is offline Find More Posts by cherubs 9
Old Jan 24, 2015, 07:17 PM
addicted rc'er
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Dec 2009
927 Posts
thanks Cherubs
acky is online now Find More Posts by acky
Old Jan 25, 2015, 05:24 AM
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
640 Posts
Just wondering if this motor would work in the B-25?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._46_Glow_.html
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220
Old Jan 26, 2015, 04:21 AM
Joined Dec 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffetbob View Post
Jim,
I've had both sets of props (stock and FMS) and no issues with either one except the FMS pulls better and has less flex. Good investment! I'm running the FMS Hellcat props and used two layers of heat shrink tubing on the adapters to make them fit the stock shafts. Works great and no bad vibes.
Hope this helps. Bob
Hello Bob
If i get the props http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FMS-1...669032692.html AND prop hub http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FMS-1...700423500.html Do i put heat shrink in the stock shaft? What about the FMS spinner will that also fit or just use stock ones?

Also if someone could get me a length and width measurement of the little wing holding screws i have lost mine both and need to replace,

Regards
Blake
Last edited by waka172rg; Jan 26, 2015 at 04:28 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 04:50 PM
Jim Lafferty
United States, CA, Redlands
Joined Feb 2014
2,116 Posts
Finally got mine maidened today. I was paranoid about the 4S battery so I only took her up for about 3.5 minutes but she came down with 3.9v per cell after mostly full throttle, so Im guessing I can get 5 mins out of her for sure. She took a nice long take-off, didn't need much trimming, but I botched the landing and have some minor repairs to make on the nose gear (part of the plastic arm that helps guide the gear back into the gear bay broke), and I broke one prop blade. All parts were in stock at Banana Hobby so I ordered them but I also tried to get another set of the hardware kit which they were out of stock on. I was adjusting one of the outboard flap control rods and somehow lost it. If anyone has a spare Id pay to take it off your hands

All in all I thought she was a very smooth flyer, not real fast, and not much power to spare to get you out of a jam. I'll look at a 5 s setup down the road. Here are some pics my friend took. The field is the PVMAC field at the old Norton AFB here in Southern California.

Jim
Suenaga is offline Find More Posts by Suenaga
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Suenaga; Jan 28, 2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 05:52 PM
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman 220 View Post
Just wondering if this motor would work in the B-25?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._46_Glow_.html
Try again?? I was wondering if this would work with 5S for a little more power.
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220
Old Jan 28, 2015, 05:52 PM
What tree??.......Doh!!
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
778 Posts
Jim, I looked at your posts but didn't see anything to indicate if you are using stock props and motors or alternatives? I am thinking stock for both props and motors?

Thanks for confirming,

Neil
Smokin_Joes is offline Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Old Jan 28, 2015, 05:58 PM
Jim Lafferty
United States, CA, Redlands
Joined Feb 2014
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin_Joes View Post
Jim, I looked at your posts but didn't see anything to indicate if you are using stock props and motors or alternatives? I am thinking stock for both props and motors?

Thanks for confirming,

Neil
Everything is stock.

Jim
Suenaga is offline Find More Posts by Suenaga
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Maiden of 79" LX B-25 Mitchel