HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2008, 06:47 PM
sacramento , CA
sacramento , CA
Joined Apr 2007
735 Posts
Discussion
strange wobble on cx2?

When I throttle up my cx2 it woobles on the ground and even in the air...fly bar is fine...I did notice there isnt any play around the collar but would this make that happen...also it acts funny when I try to make right turns..like it hesitates and sometime barely moves...any ideas?
newbie39 is offline Find More Posts by newbie39
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2008, 05:27 AM
Faith Alone...In Christ Alone
USA, AR, Brookland
Joined Sep 2008
178 Posts
whenever i see this on my cx2 i just check over everything... if you have had a crash it could possible be your outer or inner rod.... you can spin it on the ground holding the rudder all the way to the right and then to the left to see if it wobbles more on one...

check your bearings as well and for any other connections that may be loose... i have forgotten to reattach things many time and seem some funny stuff when i spin up

g. luck
faithalone is offline Find More Posts by faithalone
Old Oct 27, 2008, 09:58 AM
sacramento , CA
sacramento , CA
Joined Apr 2007
735 Posts
think the wobble is from the flybar link being too short and it looks like one of the motors is going bad...breaking a couple of new ones in right now.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 10:54 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,821 Posts
The link on your flybar is to adjust tracking of your top blades. Spin only the bottom blades & then the top blades to determin which of them is cause the problem. Make sure everything is nice & straight and that your blades are even & balance. Good luck.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Oct 30, 2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 04:05 PM
sacramento , CA
sacramento , CA
Joined Apr 2007
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
The link on your flybar is to adjust tracking of your top blades. Spin only the bottom blades & then the top blades to determin which of them is cause the problem.....Make sure everything is nice & straight and that your blades are even & balance....Good luck
yeah it still wobbles..although it turns alot better with new motors...hmm this is puzzling..ok let go dont the list
blades look good
shafts arent bent
servos working properly
swash plate in one piece
new fly bar
collar is secure

what am I missing?? it has to be right in front of my face..these things alaways are
Old Oct 28, 2008, 05:53 PM
+ Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam +
San Bruno, CA
Joined Aug 2007
483 Posts
Whenever I have mystery issues with my CX2, I also check these...

Outer shaft retaining collar installed with ridge facing down (toward the bearing);
All bearings in place and in good condition (I sometimes forget the one "inside" the outer shaft gear)
Upper bearing holder not warped or damaged
Upper head not warped or damaged
Retaining screws for lower hub not rubbing inside against inner shaft
Pinion/main gear mesh not too tight

When all else fails, I start removing one item at a time (beginning with the flybar) and go through a process of elimination. The problem usually reveals itself at some point. I also assemble the heli using the same method (one component at a time) so I can identify and resolve problems as I go along. This almost always guarantees that the heli will fly perfectly when I'm done.

Hope that helps! Good luck!
Ramon Z is offline Find More Posts by Ramon Z
Old Oct 28, 2008, 06:12 PM
sacramento , CA
sacramento , CA
Joined Apr 2007
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon Z
Whenever I have mystery issues with my CX2, I also check these...

Outer shaft retaining collar installed with ridge facing down (toward the bearing);
All bearings in place and in good condition (I sometimes forget the one "inside" the outer shaft gear)
Upper bearing holder not warped or damaged
Upper head not warped or damaged
Retaining screws for lower hub not rubbing inside against inner shaft
Pinion/main gear mesh not too tight

When all else fails, I start removing one item at a time (beginning with the flybar) and go through a process of elimination. The problem usually reveals itself at some point. I also assemble the heli using the same method (one component at a time) so I can identify and resolve problems as I go along. This almost always guarantees that the heli will fly perfectly when I'm done.

Hope that helps! Good luck!
yeah it all helps....thinking about the pinion..check when I get home..the more I hear the closer I am to figuring this little bugger out.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:25 AM
sacramento , CA
sacramento , CA
Joined Apr 2007
735 Posts
well I have replaced a bunch of stuff and it still wobbles..Im perplexed now..even put a new shaft in...this is nutty!
Old Oct 29, 2008, 01:19 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie39
well I have replaced a bunch of stuff and it still wobbles..Im perplexed now..even put a new shaft in...this is nutty!
WOBBLES? Wobbles on the ground or you have you Toilet Bowl Effect? wobbles on the ground is something bent.T.B.E is most of the time something binding, your retaining colars are to tight, the inner shaft needs a very little play from outer shaft & most likely your flybar doesn't move freely. LIKE mentioned above. WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS. disassemble the hole thing and start from scratch and check & double check every step of the build. GOOD LUCK
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Oct 30, 2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 02:32 PM
sacramento , CA
sacramento , CA
Joined Apr 2007
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
WOBBLES??????Wobbles on the ground or you have you Toilet Bowl Effect?...wobbles on the ground is something bent.T.B.E is most of the time something binding, your retaining colars are to tight, the inner shaft needs a very little play from outer shaft & most likely your flybar doesn't move freely.....LIKE mentioned above. WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS. disassemble the hole thing and start from scratch and check & double check every step of the build....GOOD LUCK
yeah on the ground and in the air...well theres only one more shaft to replace then and thats the last thing that could be bent..the outer shaft has to be the culprit then