HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:46 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Apr 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxman View Post
I was thinking about this "little" problem. If I understand this correctly this restriction is related to the file system FAT32. The cam would need to be able to handle NTFS to create files bigger than 4 G if Im not mistaken. Is there even a way to get around this with firmware?
The bug is that it does not continue after the first 4GB file is finished. You are not mistaken about the NTFS vs. FAT32 issue but it has nothing to do with what they were talking about.
xamindar is offline Find More Posts by xamindar
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:56 AM
a.d.m.i.n
reptor's Avatar
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Video out - not planned that I know of.
1080p - yes... one is under development right now, but it will likely be a different camera... in the size range of the Jumbo #11's I think. And with different hardware and firmware, it will deserve it's own thread, so will not be supported in this one.
I search for Jumbo #11, but didn't find anything to see what it will look like. When it will be released and for what prize? It's worth to wait or buy #11 ?
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:11 AM
Registered User
Ελλάς, Αττική, Αθήνα
Joined Apr 2011
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jantares View Post
Current date in right bottom horn on pictures displays me.
I earlier did not see on pictures this near old firmware.
There are no date and time on film, incorrect geometry is.
It should be a circle like the photo and not an ellipse.
I did not quite understood.

I think what you`re saying is that with some firmware versions (and/or camera version) the photo does not have the correct aspect ratio, but it is distorted. So the circle displays as an eclipse.
Is this correct? Did I understood right?
And if yes, then which firmware(s) have this problem? And does this happen to any camera version if only the bad firmware is used? Or is it related to the camera version and firmware has nothing to do with the problem? Or both?

And that with some firmware versions the photos do not have the timestamp, while with some other they have. Well this might has to do whether the firmware is a timestamp on (date on) or timestamp off (date off).
Is this correct? Did I understood right?
air_crash is offline Find More Posts by air_crash
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:04 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxman View Post
I was thinking about this "little" problem. If I understand this correctly this restriction is related to the file system FAT32. The cam would need to be able to handle NTFS to create files bigger than 4 G if Im not mistaken. Is there even a way to get around this with firmware?
Yes, it's a FAT32 file system limitation. The SDformatter utility, created by the SD Association specifically to give an SD card maximum performance, doesn't give the option to format with anything other than FAT32, so it may be a requirement of the flash memory... don't know for sure. But there should only be about a 3 second delay every 50 minutes or so while the camera closes one file and starts a new one when they fix the bug in the continuous recording firmware, so it's not a very big loss of video.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
Hello all,

I bought a keychain camera #11. First it was out of focus, so I opened case and saw that lens were cross threaded, so found instructions here and tried to fix that. But... I broked CMOS sensor (I think lens were glued, becouse after I broke still didnt manage to losen the lens, only plastic broken in the end).

So I am interested where can I find a new CMOS sensor for replace. Or maybe here anyone could sell broken camera for low price with good CMOS sensor.
Sensor on connection is marked: C971P FCT

Will be waiting for anwer
llinass is offline Find More Posts by llinass
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:25 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Apr 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Yes, it's a FAT32 file system limitation. The SDformatter utility, created by the SD Association specifically to give an SD card maximum performance, doesn't give the option to format with anything other than FAT32, so it may be a requirement of the flash memory... don't know for sure.
The SDformatter utility is there for people who don't know anything about computers. It just formats the SD card to the standard filesystem that every device expects to see. If you wanted, you could format an SD card with NTFS or ext3 or any other filesystem you want. You can even create multiple partitions on one if you wanted, it's just another block device like a hard drive. Your only limitations are based on the operating system you are using.

I actually delete the partition table and recreate it on all my new flash media as in some instances it has improved performance. And some flash devices I have bought (PNY in this case) came with an incorrect partition table from the factory that worked but caused warnings when mounted.
xamindar is offline Find More Posts by xamindar
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:01 PM
Registered User
USA, OH, Marysville
Joined May 2010
373 Posts
I think my lens is glued so what can I use to soften up the glue so I can adj the lens?
jmdlcar is offline Find More Posts by jmdlcar
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Binding VLToys V212 Quadcopter
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:21 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor View Post
I search for Jumbo #11, but didn't find anything to see what it will look like. When it will be released and for what prize? It's worth to wait or buy #11 ?
The Jumbos #11s are available now... see post #2 and vendor web sites. It's no 1080p... just a #11 with bigger battery.

Who knows what their 1080 will be like, or whether it will be worth waiting for. Read my opinion in the post a page or two back on the new #13 1080 camera. Not worth it if it's anything like that one.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:51 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
I ordered 2 of the Jumbos with the 500 ma battery. I will embed into my Radian pro wingtips, one aimed forward and one toward the glider.

I wish they offered these without the redundant charger/accessories at a cheaper price. I would have ordered 3 or 4.

Thanks for the great info pages Mr. Frank!
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:12 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdlcar View Post
I think my lens is glued so what can I use to soften up the glue so I can adj the lens?
It's just hot melt adhesive. If there is not a lot of it, you might be able to pick it off with a small screwdriver like I did. But be careful you don't torque the lens housing without supporting it. Also, I had to remove the circuit board to get at the glue on the underside. Cover the circuit components with masking tape when you handle the circuit board... avoid touching any bare wires or solder pads.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:12 PM
AMA Member since 1984
Joined Jan 2010
41 Posts
Hey Tom, what's the latest from your "Informant" on the updated F/W.

Would really like to have the "continuous with date/time stamp",
although just having the close and continue would be nice.


Dave
RcNutDave is offline Find More Posts by RcNutDave
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:14 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
...
I wish they offered these without the redundant charger/accessories at a cheaper price. I would have ordered 3 or 4.
...
Welcome to the crowd! I made this suggestion to them some time ago as well as offering the accessories separately, including spare batteries!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:22 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcNutDave View Post
Hey Tom, what's the latest from your "Informant" on the updated F/W.

Would really like to have the "continuous with date/time stamp",
although just having the close and continue would be nice.


Dave
I thought I answered this a couple days ago.. I don't get frequent updates and don't nag them frequently... when the firmware is done, it will be sent to me by either the developer or one of the vendors. I think the 4GB close and continue will be the next, but beyond that we may not get anything more... they haven't made any promises other than to look at other improvements when they have time to do so. Anyone can query their vendor about firmware... maybe hearing from other users will speed things up!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:30 PM
a.d.m.i.n
reptor's Avatar
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Welcome to the crowd! I made this suggestion to them some time ago as well as offering the accessories separately, including spare batteries!

This is what we all need, who need extra car charger if you will use it on plane... Also you can charge with usb cable, which everyone have it already at home from any other electric stuff. But if you extra need some of this stuff you could buy separately....

I also don't understand these Chinese people
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:34 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xamindar View Post
The SDformatter utility is there for people who don't know anything about computers. It just formats the SD card to the standard filesystem that every device expects to see. If you wanted, you could format an SD card with NTFS or ext3 or any other filesystem you want. You can even create multiple partitions on one if you wanted, it's just another block device like a hard drive. Your only limitations are based on the operating system you are using.

I actually delete the partition table and recreate it on all my new flash media as in some instances it has improved performance. And some flash devices I have bought (PNY in this case) came with an incorrect partition table from the factory that worked but caused warnings when mounted.
I seriously doubt anyone who doesn't know anything about computers would know about the SDformatter or where to find it. Yes, you can format the cards any number of ways, but I stick with the recommendations of the people who created the SD card specifications. This is cut verbatim from their web page (the bolding is theirs):

"The SD Formatter was created specifically for memory cards using the SD/SDHC/SDXC standards. It is strongly recommended to use the SD Formatter instead of formatting utilities provided with operating systems that format various types of storage media. Using generic formatting utilities may result in less than optimal performance for your memory cards."
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Samurai with key cam AeroNut45 Electric Plane Talk 2 Oct 30, 2010 11:40 PM
Found found beladog FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Oct 30, 2010 01:01 PM
Discussion Any sign of True real time HD FPV gear....not secondary HD CAM ???!! khaled_abobakr FPV Talk 8 Oct 10, 2010 07:13 AM
Mini-Review Key Chain Cam for your autogyro!!! imsofaman Auto Gyros 7 Sep 10, 2010 07:10 AM