HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:29 PM
I didn't think it'd do that
Australia, TAS
Joined Nov 2011
181 Posts
Thanks kmihalkov, that GPS is going to cost me an extra $260 after looking that website, the TBS quadcopter kit looks the goods and I think I'll have to treat myself to an early xmas pressy.

Also SG thanks for the offer, I know I had it a few days ago, probably threw it in the trash by mistake. Ah well dronesvision is going to do alright out of it
omelette is offline Find More Posts by omelette
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:34 AM
Germany
Joined Sep 2011
192 Posts
the GPS price is $39 (USD)
delivery to Australia $3.99 (USD) - registered mail

another place, but $43.00:

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/10hz-gps-m...osd-p-248.html

delivery $6.50 (USD) - registered mail

Krasimir

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelette View Post
Thanks kmihalkov, that GPS is going to cost me an extra $260 after looking that website, the TBS quadcopter kit looks the goods and I think I'll have to treat myself to an early xmas pressy.

Also SG thanks for the offer, I know I had it a few days ago, probably threw it in the trash by mistake. Ah well dronesvision is going to do alright out of it
kmihalkov is online now Find More Posts by kmihalkov
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:43 AM
I didn't think it'd do that
Australia, TAS
Joined Nov 2011
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmihalkov View Post
the GPS price is $39 (USD)
delivery to Australia $3.99 (USD) - registered mail

another place, but $43.00:

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/10hz-gps-m...osd-p-248.html

delivery $6.50 (USD) - registered mail

Krasimir
Ahh foxtech...one of my favorites....I have a new laptop after the old one just stopped working and am trying to remember all my old bookmarked FPV shops.

Thanks again
omelette is offline Find More Posts by omelette
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:59 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jan 2011
76 Posts
Hi guys I got a cheap FY21ap and 117 OSD, can the current sensor a 4 cell and how many amps? thanks
azzurripro is offline Find More Posts by azzurripro
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:55 AM
FPV 23Km
Portugal, Faro
Joined Dec 2011
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurripro View Post
Hi guys I got a cheap FY21ap and 117 OSD, can the current sensor a 4 cell and how many amps? thanks
Yes and if you donīt go over 100A you will be fine
lbarreiro is online now Find More Posts by lbarreiro
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:19 PM
Lisbon, Portugal
Joined Jan 2011
177 Posts
I'm in the process do building a X8 delta wing, I have here the FY21AP that I used in my old sky walker.
Question: I know that I can use it in a delta wing, do I have to use a mixer for it to work? If so, what kind of mixer.

Is there another way to do it?

Thanks
Filipe
filipinto is offline Find More Posts by filipinto
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:01 AM
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,128 Posts
Hi Filipe

I am not really a one to answer this as I have had mine for 12 months and have not turned it on yet. At least I am getting the AP117 working in a plane.

The simple answer is it is just a matter of putting one jumper on.

But I hope someone can help as I would like to know.

Top right of Page 3 of the manual says to connect C8 and C9 but and the graphic on the right of Page 2 shows to connect C10 and D10.

Can anyone help and advise what are the two drawings and which one is correct and why does Page 3 only have three rows of pins?

Thanks
Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipinto View Post
I'm in the process do building a X8 delta wing, I have here the FY21AP that I used in my old sky walker.
Question: I know that I can use it in a delta wing, do I have to use a mixer for it to work? If so, what kind of mixer.

Is there another way to do it?

Thanks
Filipe
Firepower is offline Find More Posts by Firepower
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:25 AM
FPV 23Km
Portugal, Faro
Joined Dec 2011
252 Posts
Hi,

The correct one is in page 3 (jumper C8 to C9), you have to remove all existing mixing function already programmed in your radio and put it like a traditional plane layout.

It only show the 3 pin layout of servos in the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
Hi Filipe

I am not really a one to answer this as I have had mine for 12 months and have not turned it on yet. At least I am getting the AP117 working in a plane.

The simple answer is it is just a matter of putting one jumper on.

But I hope someone can help as I would like to know.

Top right of Page 3 of the manual says to connect C8 and C9 but and the graphic on the right of Page 2 shows to connect C10 and D10.

Can anyone help and advise what are the two drawings and which one is correct and why does Page 3 only have three rows of pins?

Thanks
Col
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:12 AM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,128 Posts
Thanks. Makes sense now..

On an EasyGlider I pit the servos on the body like an EasyStar and put the FY21 where I took the servos from and the AP117 on top of the body above the wing. I took the FY21 out as still not much room for it.

Now I'll have to decide on a plane to put it all in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbarreiro View Post
Hi,

The correct one is in page 3 (jumper C8 to C9), you have to remove all existing mixing function already programmed in your radio and put it like a traditional plane layout.

It only show the 3 pin layout of servos in the picture.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:04 AM
FPV 23Km
Portugal, Faro
Joined Dec 2011
252 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. Makes sense now..

On an EasyGlider I pit the servos on the body like an EasyStar and put the FY21 where I took the servos from and the AP117 on top of the body above the wing. I took the FY21 out as still not much room for it.

Now I'll have to decide on a plane to put it all in.
I also have an EasyGlider.

To use the 21AP you have to make sure that is placed in the CG of the plane. If you have put it in the place of the servos you might have some delay of 31AP, and the level flight is like a drunk driver
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:36 PM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,128 Posts
Just wondered where you have it installed. In the normal place of the battery or on top of the body.

I have a heavy Turnigy G10 motor on the front so will have to move the video Tx closer to the tail to balance it.

I'd be interested to see how you have done your FY21 or 31.

Quote:
I also have an EasyGlider.

To use the 21AP you have to make sure that is placed in the CG of the plane. If you have put it in the place of the servos you might have some delay of 31AP, and the level flight is like a drunk driver
Last edited by Firepower; Nov 13, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:45 AM
FPV 23Km
Portugal, Faro
Joined Dec 2011
252 Posts
Quote:
Just wondered where you have it installed. In the normal place of the battery or on top of the body.

I have a heavy Turnigy G10 motor on the front so will have to move the video Tx closer to the tail to balance it.

I'd be interested to see how you have done your FY21 or 31.

Hi,
I had installed on the top of the plane, right over the CG plane... and discovered later that the wind is not a good helper to keep an steady 21AP

Now I have installed on a Skywalker, more than a year ago, and it works flawlessly, and has kept my plane safely on travels beyond 15km.

For the EasyGlider I bought the CooPilot2 that level the plane and donīt need to be mounted on a specific place

If you need to use 21AP I suggest you open a space in the fuselage near the CG.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:50 AM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,128 Posts
Quote:
Hi,
I had installed on the top of the plane, right over the CG plane... and discovered later that the wind is not a good helper to keep an steady 21AP

Now I have installed on a Skywalker, more than a year ago, and it works flawlessly, and has kept my plane safely on travels beyond 15km.

For the EasyGlider I bought the CooPilot2 that level the plane and donīt need to be mounted on a specific place

If you need to use 21AP I suggest you open a space in the fuselage near the CG.
Thanks but I'll will not use the FY-21 in the EasyGlider. Did you go for the 168mm SW or the big one?

It is either a SW or a wing. The X5 is too small and the X8 would be too hard to launch so the only other wing I can think of is a Scout Bee. All items would be cut into the wing. I like wings as they do not break but I should not crash a SW. (Hopefully)

So either a SW or a Scout Bee but SW is easier to launch.
Last edited by Firepower; Nov 16, 2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:26 AM
FPV 23Km
Portugal, Faro
Joined Dec 2011
252 Posts
Quote:
Thanks but I'll will not use the FY-21 in the EasyGlider. Did you go for the 168mm SW or the big one?

It is either a SW or a wing. The X5 is too small and the X8 would be too hard to launch so the only other wing I can think of is a Scout Bee. All items would be cut into the wing. I like wings as they do not break but I should not crash a SW. (Hopefully)

So either a SW or a Scout Bee but SW is easier to launch.

In my opinion, first try the SW 168 (I have both 168 and 190). It have a lot of space and take a lot of mistakes .
My itīs a little heavy (2,9Kg) but it flies 1h with 5000mah and i have the 21AP that is a plane savior. I have many hours of flight with a lot of mistakes on the SW and still is the plane that gives me more fun to fly.

Now iīm building a ZII and I will put in the older brother of 21AP (the 31AP) but it lackīs of space, and as you said - itīs dificult to launch.

But i always can go back to SW... to have some fun in FPV
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:41 AM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,128 Posts
Quote:
In my opinion, first try the SW 168 (I have both 168 and 190). It have a lot of space and take a lot of mistakes .
My itīs a little heavy (2,9Kg) but it flies 1h with 5000mah and i have the 21AP that is a plane savior. I have many hours of flight with a lot of mistakes on the SW and still is the plane that gives me more fun to fly.

Now iīm building a ZII and I will put in the older brother of 21AP (the 31AP) but it lackīs of space, and as you said - itīs dificult to launch.

But i always can go back to SW... to have some fun in FPV
Convinced on the SW168 after what you said.

My mate just went 15klm with a ScoutBee ( and back) but for some reason did not like the Zephyr 1, not sure why. But he said if he was buying one now he would definitely get a Zephyr II. Sounds like you are on a winner with the Zephyr II.