SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:36 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,471 Posts
survey

Hey guys go to this link and do the radio survey at the top and blow their minds with SD-10G LOL
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...201012&page=20
stegl is offline Find More Posts by stegl
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:41 PM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
I was wandering why, after a winter of not using a airplane, I have to rebind it?
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:18 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000 View Post
I was wandering why, after a winter of not using a airplane, I have to rebind it?
Was this on your Spektrum dsm system ? Is that not usual ?
had no problemw with my SD-10G .... al receivers stayed bound over 5 months of no activity.
Last edited by stegl; Apr 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:58 AM
Joined Sep 2002
1,044 Posts
Kaw1000,
did you select the right Safety Link?
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:04 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000 View Post
I suspect user error.

The radio and rx will not unbind the codes are not negotiable and the only way to lose the link is to wipe the model memory out.

In three years I have never had this happen over three radios and a dozen planes....I have many times however swapped RX's and forgot to bind...picked up the plane later and said "hey WT_!" then realized my 41 year old pre dimensia brain was getting the best of me...and rebound it.
webbsolution is online now Find More Posts by webbsolution
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:27 AM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,471 Posts
rebind

Have a sneaky suspision that this is a glitch put into our forum by a non- user. OR have to agree with first line of explanation by Webbsolution. Also link link at 3466 ; we are almost there
Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
Thanks Pippin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
I fly my 93" scale warbird with the SD-10.
My ignition kill switch (AUX1) is on 16 and 17. 18 is N. If I change AUXL to 17 and AUXH to 18, N is on 16. N is always the "third" position. This is the logic behind it.
Slats! is offline Find More Posts by Slats!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
Skye Malcolm
Upper Arlington, OH
Joined Mar 2009
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post
Have a sneaky suspision that this is a glitch put into our forum by a non- user. OR have to agree with first line of explanation by Webbsolution. Also link link at 3466 ; we are almost there
Thanks
Nah, I know him, he's a good dude. I'm guessing it was like websolution said or before I got used to it, not realizing that changing model type will result in a rebind needed.
Skye
skye8070 is offline Find More Posts by skye8070
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
Hey Stegl, I bought the Smartfly EQ10. Yes it is a power expander but it also has the servo matching (up to 3 and in some cases 4) on each channel.

The issue I have with the ATX is it only does 1 servo per surface even on the wings. Match boxes and Y-ing are the 80s and I cannot afford to be using the ATX bandade solution of using C-Mixes to make this work on a larger plane. I need them for IMAC.

This is one of the examples of what a firmware update can do, its on every other system.

With that said this radio has been rock solid and I want to keep using it...

Hi Slats:.... The Smartlfy is mainly for supplying more power to the servos is it not ? In any case I would think that is more of a receiver issue than a transmitter issue .[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:20 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats! View Post
Hey Stegl, I bought the Smartfly EQ10. Yes it is a power expander but it also has the servo matching (up to 3 and in some cases 4) on each channel.

The issue I have with the ATX is it only does 1 servo per surface even on the wings. Match boxes and Y-ing are the 80s and I cannot afford to be using the ATX bandade solution of using C-Mixes to make this work on a larger plane. I need them for IMAC.

This is one of the examples of what a firmware update can do, its on every other system.

With that said this radio has been rock solid and I want to keep using it...

Hi Slats:.... The Smartlfy is mainly for supplying more power to the servos is it not ? In any case I would think that is more of a receiver issue than a transmitter issue .
[/QUOTE]

Know what you are saying . I didn't really go into the other specifics of the smartfy at the time. I was aware that there were orther options for servo matching and other features as well but didn't bing it up at the time and agree if there is a faster and easier way of doing something... go for it. We gotta remember that the SD-10G has been out for pretty much going on 3 years and electronics does not stay still .... right ? so gotta say that ATX still has done a real fine job in makeing this system for the price and is the only one that hasn't needed the user do a bunch of upgrades for fixes as soon as it was released. I know that they will eventually be coming out with upgrades/more features in the near future but you can bet your last dollar that it will be fully tested before any release and as you say this system ( as well as their other radios) are rock solid .
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:22 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye8070 View Post
Nah, I know him, he's a good dude. I'm guessing it was like websolution said or before I got used to it, not realizing that changing model type will result in a rebind needed.
Skye
OK that was why in my last post agreed with Websolution that maybe was a "finger problem" or user error as in most situations there is a reason not a broken radio. That is why I love this radio as it performs as designed.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
I would love to see a new upper end radio from them.

[
Last edited by Slats!; Apr 13, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:55 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats! View Post
I would love to see a new upper end radio from them.

[
its coming ....
webbsolution is online now Find More Posts by webbsolution
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:16 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,471 Posts
Maybe at a price..... as sales really limited even considering world wide . Hey we already have a world class high end radio..... Just need some software/firmware for more features as has been suggested in past posts and easy to add 2 more channels as has already been done. And a receiver to go with it or a majic box ad-ons like Futaba s bus system. Don't want or need all the fancy big screens either.. Have one in my entertainment room under the name of Sony. Chuckle

My wish book is with model timers and a talking telemetry mainly for airspeed and altitude and when I come in to land; switch out the altitude.
Last edited by stegl; Apr 13, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined Mar 2007
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsolution View Post
its coming ....

before WC or after WC in South Africa...
big question
cianokol is offline Find More Posts by cianokol