Dec 15, 2010, 04:26 AM
Retired
alright Harrow, I think I stirred enough people here. You're a good man, catch ya on the flip side buddy. Practice as much as you can on the sim, try to avoid those crashes.

I'm really tempted in getting these...

http://www.koko-rc.com.cn/product/32...romotion_.html

lol

See ya guys have fun, I'm gonna try and perfect my flyin skillz on my 250..

Stay Safe,,

Keep Simmin,

Pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2010, 04:40 AM
Yes I looped the MSR post 5388
I thought the tail pitch control lever showed the Tarot symbol on it, but OK it's a Tarot one, as far as the fluro orange tail stuff I get it from helidirect I get all my fluro stuff from them, helps with the eyes.
Dec 15, 2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp
alright Harrow, I think I stirred enough people here. You're a good man, catch ya on the flip side buddy. Practice as much as you can on the sim, try to avoid those crashes.

I'm really tempted in getting these...

http://www.koko-rc.com.cn/product/32...romotion_.html

lol

See ya guys have fun, I'm gonna try and perfect my flyin skillz on my 250..

Stay Safe,,

Keep Simmin,

Pitchp

All we need is a group of guys willing to buy from Australia, I'll be in it....
Dec 16, 2010, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAtJoes
This is the bearing fix video I made
Great explanation of the problem. Regarding the screw head fix it would be easier to just make one more washer by cutting a slice of the same brass tube, nylon pushrod etc. I know these washer comes with different thickness. Haven't found a good (cheap) source for them yet.
Dec 16, 2010, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen
Great explanation of the problem. Regarding the screw head fix it would be easier to just make one more washer by cutting a slice of the same brass tube, nylon pushrod etc. I know these washer comes with different thickness. Haven't found a good (cheap) source for them yet.
Microfasteners $7 flat delivery regardless of how much you buy, they sell the right size and many other types of tiny bolts washers etc, trouble is I had very little on hand, and yes I agree cutting that same piece of brass would have given me a piece that would have been fine, but I really do prefer to make a ridge on the seat, that way the control arm stays firmly over the ball and doesnt get too high to form slop. But thats me, you may find a washer that fits and is perfect (even 0.2mm would be fine) and i would probably use it if I had a spare one on hand but out of the box of bolts washers etc I couldnt find a single one that fitted correctly. (all my bolts etc are for 450 size applications)

Elias
Dec 16, 2010, 07:07 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Took my heli out yesterday morning(it was cold 15º burrrr ) but in any case the tail was solid and the heli was smooth. I need to get used to the wide cord blades but other than that it was very nice to by flying again
Dec 16, 2010, 07:18 AM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAtJoes
I thought the tail pitch control lever showed the Tarot symbol on it, but OK it's a Tarot one, as far as the fluro orange tail stuff I get it from helidirect I get all my fluro stuff from them, helps with the eyes.

I really, really like the colors. I loose track of my heli when it gets 10' away from me!

b
Dec 16, 2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob
I really, really like the colors. I loose track of my heli when it gets 10' away from me!

b
Being that the average age of RC Helicopter pilots is 45yo (which is what I am) I am amazed that the entire heli's are fluro colours.

I think after 35yo most of us tend to have issues working out which way the damn thing is facing at times.

heck once I flew black carbon fiber blades, black tail blades, black paddles, and dark blue canopy, i did a flip and my daughter said is it still upside down or is it the right way up.... she confused me for a second so I took the heli down lower so I could see it clearly.... after that flight I didnt use the all black setup ever again, then I went to fluro and thought I love this, used all white carbon main blades and havent looked back.

Elias
Dec 16, 2010, 08:46 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Man dont say that. Im 32 so 35 isnt that far away. Crap getting older stinks
Dec 16, 2010, 09:39 AM
Use the flybar young Padawan
this is why i stay away from nice dark color canopys and why i love the fusalage helis , their bigger . here is one i painted , the white plastic was too plane jane , so i used yellow, orange and a black undercoat i gave it the crackle effect since i wanted it to be different LOL. NOW I CAN SEE IT A MILE AWAY
Last edited by jombo; Dec 20, 2010 at 04:12 PM.
Dec 16, 2010, 10:40 AM
Looptastic!
Most awful paint-job award winner?
Dec 16, 2010, 11:59 AM
Use the flybar young Padawan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman
have you not learned anything , the heli gods dont look fot the ugliest helis to crash , just the nice looking ones . besides i like it and thats all that matters
Dec 16, 2010, 12:17 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Yup any time I get my heli or planes looking good they hit the ground harder than I wanted
Dec 16, 2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo
this is why i stay away from nice dark color canopys and why i love the fusalage helis , their bigger . here is one i painted , the white plastic was too plane jane , so i used yellow, orange and a black undercoat i gave it the crackle effect since i wanted it to be different LOL. NOW I CAN SEE IT A MILE AWAY

Why bother going through extra work of giving it the crackle "effect", when is so easy to crash and give it "genuine" crakcle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman
No offense, but it's got my vote.

It reminds me of when I was a young child, when my mother would drive into a bad looking part of town, and say: "Quick lock the doors!"
Last edited by i812; Dec 16, 2010 at 03:36 PM.
Dec 16, 2010, 03:30 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!

With much tongue in cheekyness..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo
You wouldn't have to worry about someone stealing it!

B
Last edited by rikybob; Dec 16, 2010 at 06:28 PM.

Quick Reply