HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2014, 04:19 PM
Joined Apr 2014
1 Posts
Discussion
Looking for places to fly in Richmond Va (Chesterfield County)

I've just moved to Richmond, specifically Chesterfield, and I'm looking for a good place to fly. I fly 100% electrics ranging from ultra micros up to 1400mm. Now I can fly micros in my front yard but I'm really itching to fly some of my larger models. I see a couple of good clubs in the area (from searching previous posts) and planing on checking them out. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good spots with decent landing areas (abandoned parking lots, open fields, etc, old airports) they'd be willing to share?
jpartridge is offline Find More Posts by jpartridge
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2014, 08:04 PM
HAWK3Y3
United States, VA, Hopewell
Joined Jun 2002
265 Posts
JP,

There is a club that flies near the Petersburg prison. A few of us fly at the Atwater Soccer Park.
HAWK3Y3 is online now Find More Posts by HAWK3Y3
Old Oct 03, 2014, 07:10 AM
United States, VA, Prince George
Joined Jul 2013
14 Posts
Thanks for the tip HAWK3Y3. I live in the area and have been looking for a place too. I'll check out the Atwater soccer field; on Google Earth it looks more roomy than where I have been trying to fly my slightly larger-than-micro Flyzone Aircore parkflyers.
Geoff Raiser is online now Find More Posts by Geoff Raiser
Old Nov 27, 2014, 08:49 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1 Posts
Our club is not in Chesterfield but it's got a great flying field, easy going guys and isn't crowded.
Check out Richmond Area Radio Control.
raylepper is offline Find More Posts by raylepper