HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DaveyLC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:25 AM
United Kingdom, England, Wokingham
Joined Sep 2011
311 Posts
Discussion
A Turnigy (or is it Tower Pro?) Servo killed my Twister :(

I had an Aileron fail in a down position on my twister yesterday evening which resulted in it coninuously rolling unless I applied down aileron on the opposite side which then resulted in a flaps effect. Needless to say it didnt end well and my maticulously painted, un-damaged twister ended up in an oak tree

Once we fished it out I found a servo was jammed so I decided to 'smash' it open (I know its brutal but I didnt have a tiny screw driver on me) and have a look which gear failed.

And to my suprise my turnigy MG90S was infact a Tower Pro servo:

Is this normal?
DaveyLC is offline Find More Posts by DaveyLC
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:21 PM
United States, KY, Covington
Joined Feb 2003
1,506 Posts
A lot of servos are sold under different names. Turnigy does not make anything themselves to my knowledge. They have manufacturers rebadge items with the Turnigy name. Same for motors and ESC's, etc....
Dave Barrow is offline Find More Posts by Dave Barrow
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2011
2,312 Posts
Servo's

Troy and I, tend to only use Hitec, that way we know we have some of the best you can buy. We mainly use high torque, high speed, metal geared, ball bearing servos. And, going this way, we have had zero failures. Model tugs, tend to load the steering servo pretty hard at full throw,and full throttle. CaptCB
CaptCB is offline Find More Posts by CaptCB
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:22 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
The MG90S is the economy version of the MG90
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
I thought the s was the faster one?