189 Posts
best of luck!
pshkong is online now Find More Posts by pshkong
Old Feb 15, 2015, 09:21 AM
Oh no, not again!
United States, LA, Carencro
Joined Dec 2005
5,718 Posts
Beautiful work on the Zero, Fly. Best of luck with the surgery. We expect a flight report soon.

Regards,
Jeff
jhspring is offline Find More Posts by jhspring
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:45 AM
Joined Mar 2007
34 Posts
Successful Bailout

Just returned home after a narrow escape over Rabaul left me deaf in my right ear, but I'm luckier than ol' Saburo, who lost his eye. Tumor free but with lots of headaches and a long recovery, but very glad to be in such good shape just 6 days after surgery at Mayo Clinic. Thanks to all you great guys for your prayers, well wishes, and encouragement to live up to my call sign 'flyuntilidie". Hope the flight surgeon doesn't ground me.

What a great hobby we're able to enjoy - hope to order the FMS Stuka to piddle around with during what's scheduled to be a 3 month long recovery before returning to work. Look forward to following your continuing exploints on RCGroups.
flyuntilidie is online now Find More Posts by flyuntilidie
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:30 PM
Oh no, not again!
United States, LA, Carencro
Joined Dec 2005
5,718 Posts
Congrats on the successful surgery! Being a little deaf is a small price to pay. Now get out there and fly!

Jeff
jhspring is offline Find More Posts by jhspring
Old Feb 19, 2015, 01:21 PM
New York Highlander
United States, NY, Vermontville
Joined Apr 2012
1,859 Posts
Excellent news Fly! All the best for a speedy recovery.

-Fergy
GFergy is offline Find More Posts by GFergy
Old Feb 19, 2015, 02:02 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Dec 2012
189 Posts
Congrats! All the best and the sky is waiting for you.
pshkong is online now Find More Posts by pshkong
Old Feb 19, 2015, 03:29 PM
modify...modify...modify
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Mar 2012
1,716 Posts
Congratulations on your successful surgery. Wishing a speedy recover to you!

Bob
borntoolate is online now Find More Posts by borntoolate
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS B-25 bomb bay mod
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:50 PM
90mm F-16
Joined Apr 2006
4,983 Posts
Congrats!

I wish you a fast recovery.

As a married man, being a bit deaf is a blessing!
Tartago is online now Find More Posts by Tartago
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyuntilidie View Post
Just returned home after a narrow escape over Rabaul left me deaf in my right ear, but I'm luckier than ol' Saburo, who lost his eye. Tumor free but with lots of headaches and a long recovery, but very glad to be in such good shape just 6 days after surgery at Mayo Clinic. Thanks to all you great guys for your prayers, well wishes, and encouragement to live up to my call sign 'flyuntilidie". Hope the flight surgeon doesn't ground me.

What a great hobby we're able to enjoy - hope to order the FMS Stuka to piddle around with during what's scheduled to be a 3 month long recovery before returning to work. Look forward to following your continuing exploints on RCGroups.
Flyuntlidie - I just popped into this email thread after being off chasing rabbits and saw your note. !!!!!

Yes sir - we certainly wish you a full recovery and a speedy recovery.....I think you should tell your medical teams to include an RC simulator as part of your daily recovery regimen!!!

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is offline Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Old Today, 10:25 AM
Joined Mar 2007
34 Posts
Many Thanks

Hi Fellow Flyguys -
Just wanted to thank you all for the nice comments from all over regarding my recent brain tumor surgery. Recovery is slow but sure. The therapy I get from "talkin' RC" is as valuable (but just as addictive) as oxycodone. I'll trade the former for the latter any day. Thanks again and keep on flying until I can join you in the friendly skies.
Old Today, 10:48 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,523 Posts
Flyuntilidie-Which version of the zero you got-the tan or green? Any other warbirds?
kevin whitesell is offline Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:18 PM
Joined Mar 2007
34 Posts
I have the green - about 2 years old. My pics are few pages earlier. Hope to get the FMS Stuka to add to my collection. So far I have a scratch built Spitfire, FMS Zero, and FMS P-51. I love them all !
Old Today, 01:43 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyuntilidie View Post
I have the green - about 2 years old. My pics are few pages earlier. Hope to get the FMS Stuka to add to my collection. So far I have a scratch built Spitfire, FMS Zero, and FMS P-51. I love them all !
Oh yeah that's right-I did see those pics before. I was looking hard at the fms stuka but got the b-25 (silver ) in stead. I also have the fms fw-190 ( red 8 ) and green zero. I'd love to get the B.B.D. p-51 v-8 but I have to wait till our Canadian loonie (dollar ) regains some of its us/can exchange value.
kevin whitesell is offline Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
RCG Plus Member