HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

HobbyZone Duet RTF Trainer

Another Great First Airplane

Splash

Turn Your Dreams of Flight into Reality

Even if you've never flown an RC airplane before, you could be flying in no time with Virtual Instructor™ technology. This HobbyZone®-exclusive technology makes minor corrections and adjustments to help you stay confidently in control while you learn the basics. No other RC model can offer this experience at such an incredible price, only $59.99!

Key Features

• Everything you need to teach yourself to fly in one box, even the "AA" batteries for the transmitter!
  • Interference-free 2.4GHz transmitter with built-in charger
  • Vibrant trim scheme
  • 3-channel control allows you to have complete control over climb, steering, and throttle
  • Virtual Instructor™ technology helps to remove the complexity of RC flight by providing control assistance and countering the effects of wind and turbulence
  • Durable, lightweight construction helps prevent damage in case of a crash
  • Quiet and efficient power system
  • Rechargeable 150mAh 1S Li-Po battery for generous flight times on a single charge
  • Includes 4 "AA" batteries to power the charger/transmitter

Needed To Complete

Nothing! Everything you need to teach yourself to fly in one box, even the "AA" batteries for the transmitter!

Discussion

Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:00 PM
5005 days to retirement!
Canada, MB, La Salle
Joined Sep 2004
403 Posts
How many different trainers does Horizon Hobby have to put on the market in one year?
jpurcha is offline Find More Posts by jpurcha
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How time flies
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:53 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
888 Posts
What they probably have in mind is really inexpensive way (only $59.99) for a beginner to get a start in the hobby and a really easy plane to learn on so that they do not get discouraged. A good marketing decision.
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Sep 25, 2013, 04:28 AM
1st to the scene of the crash
United States, GA, Dalton
Joined Jul 2012
807 Posts
I plan on using the Duet as a replacement for my night vapor as a front yard flier to get my "fix" over the winter months.
Laneritc is online now Find More Posts by Laneritc
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 14" Nut Ball
Old Sep 25, 2013, 08:27 AM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Nov 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown View Post
What they probably have in mind is really inexpensive way (only $59.99) for a beginner to get a start in the hobby and a really easy plane to learn on so that they do not get discouraged. A good marketing decision.
I agree with this 100%. The Firebird Stratos is a beginner plane but at a price that approaches some pretty nice foamies. I can see this Duet becoming a hit this Christmas season.
59er9er is offline Find More Posts by 59er9er
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Lunch time fun
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:01 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,079 Posts
Scratches my aero ace itch
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:06 PM
United States, FL, Stuart
Joined Apr 2013
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laneritc View Post
I plan on using the Duet as a replacement for my night vapor as a front yard flier to get my "fix" over the winter months.
Yup. I'm thinking the same. I also got my mom started with a mini Vapor. I was planning on getting her a full size Vapor but this may be a better toy. I probably need a handfull of them since she likes to park them in trees

Love the price on this thing!
wilanz is offline Find More Posts by wilanz
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:18 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,079 Posts
I just hate the trim scheme, should be easy since there aren't many decals to just remove them.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:32 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Apr 2011
421 Posts
Oooooh, thurst vectoring!!
Its how to make 2 channels behave like 3. Guess Its all about having fun huh!
kohersh is offline Find More Posts by kohersh
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2013, 06:39 AM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,214 Posts
It seems that Horizon Hobby is concentrating this year on the beginner market and is really flooding the market with incredible beginner planes, from the dirt cheap Duet to the high end Glassair. HZ has been the front runner in the beginner market for many years with the incredible SuperCub. Then they introduced the Champ. Now with the addition of the Glassair, Stratos, Delta Ray and Duet, they have pretty much sewn up the market.

Next up should be the "second plane" market, the one that takes the beginner to the intermediate level. Once again HH has been the front runner for many years with the PZ T-28 Trojan. Then they introduced the Archer, and now the Glassair and the Delta Ray, which can take the raw beginner right up to the intermediate level. There is also the UM T-28 for those who need to fly in a small area. A few more entries and HH will own this market as well.

The Duet looks like it will be a terrific cross-over plane from the toys available at Walmart, Toys-R-Us, etc. to the hobby grade planes. It should sell like hot cakes. Can't wait for it to hit the store shelves and to get feed-back from actual owners of the plane.
Leo L is online now Find More Posts by Leo L
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:46 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,252 Posts
Not scheduled to be available until November. RATS! I was hoping to get a couple for a beginner's raffle at our Jet Rally the first weekend in November. It is nice to have some complete plane kits a beginner can win and start flying. I have no idea what some of the spectators would do if they won an F-15? But a beginner raffle with a few of these would be great! Mike Heer
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2013, 07:41 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,644 Posts
I saw a few of them today in the hobby shop. Really. I went in for a couple of pushrods and I had to resist the urge to walk out with one.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2013, 06:30 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
354 Posts
I posted my initial thoughts on the other Duet thread here.
speakertoanimals is offline Find More Posts by speakertoanimals
Last edited by speakertoanimals; Sep 28, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 11:21 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,252 Posts
My buddy checked at local hobby store and they said they aren't getting them until November. But that will be in time for the Christmas season. I wished they carried more planes! Mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Sep 29, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 07:40 PM
1st to the scene of the crash
United States, GA, Dalton
Joined Jul 2012
807 Posts
Check Horizon Hobby web site, in stock and available today.
Laneritc is online now Find More Posts by Laneritc
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 14" Nut Ball