HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2013, 01:45 AM
Joined Jan 2010
17 Posts
Discussion
DJI GPS Exporter

Does anybody know how this software works?

In its manual it says to use assistant software to copy out DAT file. How to copy out a DAT file from Wookong Assistant software?

Patrik
PatrikR is offline Find More Posts by PatrikR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:10 AM
Chile, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Stgo
Joined Mar 2013
60 Posts
Patrick:

I have the same problem, the last version of GPSexporter don´t work.
DJI say´s me that is a problem and soon release a new version of this program.
This program transform the DAT file into a GPS information, specialy when you take pictures for Photogrametry use.
leofuica is offline Find More Posts by leofuica
Old Jun 25, 2013, 04:02 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2011
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leofuica View Post
Patrick:

I have the same problem, the last version of GPSexporter don´t work.
DJI say´s me that is a problem and soon release a new version of this program.
This program transform the DAT file into a GPS information, specialy when you take pictures for Photogrametry use.
I'm trying to figure this out too. On another forum i was told the gps exporter only works with the iosd???!?! I nedd to figure this out. Is there a different data log on the iosd than on the wookong m?
matthewlavin is offline Find More Posts by matthewlavin
Old Jul 20, 2013, 03:43 PM
Joined Mar 2013
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewlavin View Post
I'm trying to figure this out too. On another forum i was told the gps exporter only works with the iosd???!?! I nedd to figure this out. Is there a different data log on the iosd than on the wookong m?
Matthew Lavin:

In this moment i think that i really need an IOSD for download a .DAT file, and then use GPSexporter, yestarday i took a 27 pics and stich them, but without a GPS file i don`t use a Photogrametric software.
Attache a pic
Old Jul 20, 2013, 04:28 PM
Joined Dec 2011
313 Posts
Yes i had to by the iosd to get the data from the .DAT files. However there was no time stamp for the servo action for the photo.!! That makes that data useless for photogrammetry. Instead there was 40,000 gps entries that were taken every .02 seconds. It was impossible to find the geotag for the photo
I was told by my dealer that they are supposed to be upgrading software to fix this problem. I saw that there was wkm software update that included this, "Fix the function of Mapping (GIS) Aerial Auxiliary in DJI Ground Station." I'm not sure what that means. let meknow if you figure something more out. i hope this new update allows for an easy geotag of the automatic servo action.

m
Old Jul 20, 2013, 04:42 PM
Joined Mar 2013
60 Posts
Quote:
Yes i had to by the iosd to get the data from the .DAT files. However there was no time stamp for the servo action for the photo.!! That makes that data useless for photogrammetry. Instead there was 40,000 gps entries that were taken every .02 seconds. It was impossible to find the geotag for the photo
I was told by my dealer that they are supposed to be upgrading software to fix this problem. I saw that there was wkm software update that included this, "Fix the function of Mapping (GIS) Aerial Auxiliary in DJI Ground Station." I'm not sure what that means. let meknow if you figure something more out. i hope this new update allows for an easy geotag of the automatic servo action.

m
Ok, but ¿you put the IOSD .dat into the GPSexporter? If yes ¿do you attach the .txt GPSexported and the original IOSD .dat file to be read it?
I supposed that .txt file only filter the GPS data for each pics taked, and the others hundred GPS dat is deleted.
Do you said a great truth...the people of DJI says not much and we not sure what that means....... LOL
Last edited by leofuica; Jul 20, 2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 05:03 PM
Joined Dec 2011
313 Posts
yes the iosd records the whole flight and i take the .dat file from the iosd and use the "gps exporter" to convert to a .txt file. Then you can look at the data.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 05:05 PM
Joined Mar 2013
60 Posts
Quote:
yes the iosd records the whole flight and i take the .dat file from the iosd and use the "gps exporter" to convert to a .txt file. Then you can look at the data.
¿do you attach both files to see it please?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 05:06 PM
Joined Mar 2013
60 Posts
I use a Autopanogiga software fron Kolor.com for stich the pics, ¿what software you use it?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 01:42 PM
Joined Dec 2011
313 Posts
i use aegisoft.

leo you use the .dat file from the iosd. convert in gps exporter to .txt file. open the .txt file

i have not figured out how to take the .dat file from the ground station yet. I hope the new wkm update solved the issue of geotagging the servo action.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 03:07 PM
Joined Mar 2013
60 Posts
Quote:
i use aegisoft.

leo you use the .dat file from the iosd. convert in gps exporter to .txt file. open the .txt file

i have not figured out how to take the .dat file from the ground station yet. I hope the new wkm update solved the issue of geotagging the servo action.
Yea right, i try to use the .dat from GS and don`t work, i will buy a IOSD for this and try again, maybe tomorrow.
¿do you try a new firmware 5.24, work fine?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:34 PM
Joined Mar 2013
60 Posts
Finally i have a .txt file from IOSD and GPSexporter, but ...¿how i can find a correct GPS data for each pic?
I took 24 pics but the file have 71.851 entries .......i lost in this moment...maybe the solution is very simple, but i don`t know what its.....¿any suggestion please?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 02:45 AM
Joined Dec 2011
313 Posts
have you updated wookong firmware to 5.24 yet? I think with that firmware the servo action for the photo will be geotagged. let me know please.
thanks
m
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:05 PM
Joined Mar 2013
60 Posts
Quote:
have you updated wookong firmware to 5.24 yet? I think with that firmware the servo action for the photo will be geotagged. let me know please.
thanks
m
Matthew.
¿Do you used the pgs data from iosd succesfull, i mean one gps dat per each pic with hour, min and second too and the others gps line?
I dont have this results and dont use this data with the gis soft to stich the pics.
I try with 5.24 but i lost control of f550.......
I think that the future upgrade iosd firmware maybe is a the solution about this program.....not upgrade of wookong....
Old Aug 22, 2013, 05:50 PM
Joined Mar 2013
60 Posts
WELL WELL WELL
Finally i found a treasure.....point by point:

-You need a IOSD for use a file to export
-You need update GS to the last
-You need a GPSexporter 1.2 version
-You need a 5,24 Wookong Firmware

Only with all of this steps you can export a usable -txt file with a info like that:
1 1 -70.5445244154 -33.4314905051 751.9216918945 -8.2350430486 3.7321304150 -43.1582699601

Each pic taked genered a one file secuencial....
I read all DJI`s manual and this info dosn´t exist...is funy but cruel at the same time...
Enjoy