HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:11 PM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,094 Posts
I moved to work for then and now I have a lot of other staff to do and still fly for then too. Nice to be back.
mauromassari is offline Find More Posts by mauromassari
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:17 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauromassari View Post
I moved to work for then and now I have a lot of other staff to do and still fly for then too. Nice to be back.
That is fantastic!
I'm glad to hear that your aerial videography/photography helped you career-wise...
I've recently read that agriculture will be one of the first fields to benefit from airborne cameras.
You are in an opportune position!

Since you moved, I guess you don't get to the beach as often to enjoy the warm climate and beautiful women?
T J Gilbert is online now Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Apr 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:32 PM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,094 Posts
Actually right now I am searching for IR and Thermal Cameras so we can see if there is stress at platation due to water or other things, defenelly it is a start as we have very few information.
We are working here as consultant due to my expertise in machanics and helping in the entire farm process, tractor, machines, packing and everything that moves.... Also another thing that help me here is my second language.
Last edited by mauromassari; Apr 15, 2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:43 PM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post

Since you moved, I guess you don't get to the beach as often to enjoy the warm climate and beautiful women?
Yes, Yes, Yes
Old Yesterday, 12:13 AM
Joined Apr 2014
6 Posts
I have the Naza M Lite with GPS... I am sooooo friggin happy with it...! Just get one. I swapped my kk2 board over with the naza and could not believe how stable my quad is now. Altitude hold is just amazing. Allows for the coolest fpv flights...
Jlab73 is offline Find More Posts by Jlab73
Old Yesterday, 06:33 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlab73 View Post
I have the Naza M Lite with GPS... I am sooooo friggin happy with it...! Just get one. I swapped my kk2 board over with the naza and could not believe how stable my quad is now. Altitude hold is just amazing. Allows for the coolest fpv flights...
Ditto, tried multiwee, KK2, KK2.1 maybe a few more. My V1 Naza M flew away but I am now using lite on 3 birds and no issues!

Tim O
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jan 2006
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauromassari View Post
Hi everyone, sorry to be far from here but I am too busy. Just want to add some more info about interference that I had past week. I got 3 new 4S 5000 batteries and try to use their original banana plug. I did a adaptor to go to my other plug XT60 and what happen is that when I was flying it I start to loose control only able to get control back when I set back to manual mode. After this happen with all 3 new batteries I find out that the connector that was close to the NAZA GPS antenna was causing this interference, king of magnet field making it go crazy. Hope this help others with any problem like this. I use XT60 battery plug and after switch back to it I did not have any problem again.

Best Regards

A simple fix to eliminate any MRI interference like you experienced, is to use
some copper foil tape. I use it between the centerplates of my Octo and around
the GPS puck and have never had a problem like yours. Give it a try.
Papajeff is offline Find More Posts by Papajeff
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papajeff View Post

A simple fix to eliminate any MRI interference like you experienced, is to use
some copper foil tape. I use it between the centerplates of my Octo and around
the GPS puck and have never had a problem like yours. Give it a try.
Thanks for the tip, I alredy use aluminun shield and worked for my RF on other equipments. I think the problem is that my connector just like your was a few centimeters from NAZA GPS antenna. I use aluminum shield on the inside of my GoPro 3 Black Edition cover and solved my entire problem while turn it on after GPS lock, prior that I always had to wait more for then to lock again. I got a thin aluminum tape and worked very well.

Regards,
Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Canada, AB, Slave Lake
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
CSC Question -

To arm my Naza 2 M with GPS I find that I have to try CSC several times to get it to arm.
Sometimes 15-20 times... ( I am new to NAZA so please excuse my ignorance)

I have read the manual several times but am obvuiosly missing something. I let it warm up, find gps, center stick and get one green flash starting in GPS mode. Then I attempt CSC and recenter sticks and nothing happens.

Takes me a good 1-2 min it seems to arm. Any ideas?
Likeskites is offline Find More Posts by Likeskites
Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeskites View Post
CSC Question -

To arm my Naza 2 M with GPS I find that I have to try CSC several times to get it to arm.
Sometimes 15-20 times... ( I am new to NAZA so please excuse my ignorance)

I have read the manual several times but am obvuiosly missing something. I let it warm up, find gps, center stick and get one green flash starting in GPS mode. Then I attempt CSC and recenter sticks and nothing happens.

Takes me a good 1-2 min it seems to arm. Any ideas?
First, you should be getting double green flashes in GPS mode before starting the motors ... not single.

Second, you know you have to hold the sticks in the CSC position for a second or two till the motors start? You can't move the throttle from the idle position till they are running.

Third, is your TX calibration good in the assistant i.e. full throw on all channels in both directions and good centre positions (green)?
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM
Canada, AB, Slave Lake
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
First, you should be getting double green flashes in GPS mode before starting the motors ... not single.
Single green flash means the sticks are centered. Double means not centered. (Correct me if Im wrong, but thats what Im reading.)
I have been attempting to center stick, then perform CSC.

Quote:
Second, you know you have to hold the sticks in the CSC position for a second or two till the motors start? You can't move the throttle from the idle position till they are running.
Yes I hold it for a second or two.

Quote:
Third, is your TX calibration good in the assistant i.e. full throw on all channels in both directions and good centre positions (green)?
Yes TX calibration in assistant all performs normally. After I finally get the CSC going it flies great and everything works perfectly. Failsafe works fine as well.

Center positions in assistant are just a hair of center, but with cailbration it remains the same. Looks minor to me.
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM
AMA member since May 2013
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined May 2013
873 Posts
Quote:
Single green flash means the sticks are centered. Double means not centered. (Correct me if Im wrong, but thats what Im reading.)
Yes I hold it for a second or two.
Yes TX calibration in assistant all performs normally. After I finally get the CSC going it flies great and everything works perfectly. Failsafe works fine as well.

Center positions in assistant are just a hair of center, but with cailbration it remains the same. Looks minor to me.
Don't worry about getting the single flash/centering your sticks.
When in GPS mode, let the NAZA go green/green, watch for the 20 green flashes, after the second set, try the CSC, hold it until it arms. That should be it.
If it doesn't work every time, then I agree, you should look at your R/C calibration.
Supreme Balloon is offline Find More Posts by Supreme Balloon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Quotes from R/C Groups
Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM
Canada, AB, Slave Lake
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
ok thanks, Ill give it another go.
Old Today, 04:11 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,007 Posts
Quote:
That's correct, but normally you'd have the throttle in the closed position rather than centred (unless you have a centring spring on the throttle stick?) ... hence double-flashes before CSC.

Quote:
The sliders go green in the assistant when centred - are you seeing this?
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover