HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:56 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,872 Posts
Well, some progress... I don't know what I did, but somehow I've managed to do the right combination of setting changes and reboots, that my unit is working fine now. I can't get it to do the yaw coupling now. I think the key might have been to do the reboot as the last step. I don't know, but I'm just happy to see that it is not doing it anymore, at least on the ground.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:33 PM
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
i am really disappointed ,after two days trying to tune the gimbal on the AV200 it finally works but but not as well as the one on the HF pro . maybe because i don't really understand how it works ( no real instructions and no setting examples ) . i think i will try the skyline it is make for the AV200
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:28 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,942 Posts
well i just bought one. we will see, hopefully the HF team is busy working on an instruction manual ( granted i hardly read them anyways) and new firmware revisions improving the roll/yaw coupling issue and such.
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:04 AM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
734 Posts
Others are having great success so keep trying. There is a quickstart guide on our site that should be all you need. The complete manual is almost done.
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:39 AM
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
1,743 Posts
"Others are having great success so keep trying."

I am trying.... but I was hoping to hear from tech support why I can't connect to by PC
Trying a fourth PC later today.
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
i have many glitches and horrible noise on the roll servo of my AV 200, that haven't with the HFpro . Any idea ?
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:39 AM
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
do we need to use a bec to power the servos. i use a 3s to power the HF gimbal because instruction says that input is 6,5 to 30 v and output is 5v but the servos makes many vibrations and noise
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:46 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
637 Posts
Noises are normay for digital servos to be always hunting, u can stop it by giving a little perssure in the axis its pushing if u want silence, i run a bec on my av200 at 6.5 volts, hf gimbal only sipplies me with signal
elliott000 is offline Find More Posts by elliott000
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
Noises are normay for digital servos to be always hunting, u can stop it by giving a little perssure in the axis its pushing if u want silence, i run a bec on my av200 at 6.5 volts, hf gimbal only sipplies me with signal
it's not only noise ,it's vibration and jerk and it even make Jello on my 3ccd panasonic cam on silicon mount !!!!
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:43 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
637 Posts
Hmm no idea then
elliott000 is offline Find More Posts by elliott000
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:19 AM
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
i 've try a 2s no more noise and jerk . instruction says 6,5 v to 30 v input !!!!!!!!
is there any way to slowdown the servo for the tilt ? too speed and full deflection on half stick
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:10 AM
Joined Sep 2011
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
do we need to use a bec to power the servos. i use a 3s to power the HF gimbal because instruction says that input is 6,5 to 30 v and output is 5v but the servos makes many vibrations and noise
Hi, I dont think HF Gimbal output 5v but the same voltage as input. You put 30v in then its 30v out. Can anyone confirm this? On the quickstart guide it says Max current =5A at 5v. It didnot say max volt out = 5v
flashervn is online now Find More Posts by flashervn
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:54 PM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
734 Posts
I am finishing up the manual......next few days.

The Power input on the HoverflyGIMBAL is directly output to the servos and the receiver. If the servos need 6v then you MUST power the HFG with 6v. If you use a 3s battery it will destroy the receiver and servos!

Use a BEC to power the HFG--->Servos--->receiver. Its all the same connection.
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:34 PM
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
you should have said that before !!!! in the quick start guide i read input 6,5 to 30v and 5A @ 5v to servos that's wy i have destroy my receiver .
but it's not the only problem i have , the tilt is really to speed and i get full deflection on the half way stick and noting on the second half and it' s to much responsive no way to slow down.
after few minutes of fly it lost horizon.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 03:35 AM
Joined Sep 2011
300 Posts
Sorry to hear about your receiver. I tried to warn you but its too late. Luckily for me I used a Hitec Rx and those takes up to 30v
flashervn is online now Find More Posts by flashervn