HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2014, 03:11 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,132 Posts
That crash policy sounds pretty sweet. Something else to consider. I have not tried any of the really cheap batteries, I discovered the GeForce line from Value Hobby early on and have been very happy with them. I have some that have over 200 cycles and still perform nicely. I had one that developed a dead cell and it was replaced no questions asked.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2014, 04:16 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoy View Post
Does the crashed pack 1/2 price deal only apply if the pack is in the 2yr warranty period?
I would assume so...

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Apr 10, 2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 04:28 PM
I can't fly
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2006
637 Posts
Checked Thunder Power's website and the 50% policy for crashed batteries is a little more involved. From TP's website:

Batteries:

The Battery warranty is limited to original defects in material and workmanship for two years from the date of purchase(1). Replacement batteries do not begin another two year period; i.e.
a battery replaced with one year of warranty remaining will have a one year warranty for the replacement battery. Warranty is not transferable. Warranty does not cover collateral, incidental, or consequential damage, misuse, abuse, incorrect charging, use for purposes other than those for which the product was designed, any product which has been altered or
repaired by unauthorized personnel, or any other inappropriate use of the product. (See our liberal discount policy for operator error issues below).

Batteries that are charged in parallel are not covered under warranty.

50% discount off of suggested retail price (as listed on our website) for operator error issues within one year of manufacture date. Operator issues consist of crash damage, over- discharging, over-charging, and other non-manufacturer issues.

35% discount off of suggested retail price (as listed on our website) for operator error issues after one year from date of manufacture, but not to exceed two years from date of manufacture.

(1) All BVM EDF Jet batteries come with a 6 month total warranty period. If batteries are replace for warranty, the 6-month period remains from the date of purchase of the original battery.
camoy is offline Find More Posts by camoy
Old Apr 10, 2014, 04:39 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,875 Posts
Yep.....but...as many batteries have "no" warranty, or 30 day max warranty, it is still pretty darn good. And...as I have a pretty good relationship with Mark Mitchell at Thunder Power, he has always taken care of me. I bought six 6S 65C 5000mAH packs, and while all were "good" after about six months one did not match up to the others (took a little longer to charge, discharged a little lower than the others) I called him and he replaced it (just had to send him the pack), as these are used in pairs in my 89" Slick, so, they do need to match up.

And....actually, I never knew it covered anything other than crash damage. The fact that it covers other owner/operator (shall I call it stupidity?) is pretty good...

Like the 30 day warranty on Gens Ace packs...I bought four 1800 mAH packs, they took six days to ship them, then it took three days to get to me. On the 46th day after ordering them, one dropped a cell (which they all did fairly shortly). I called them about the first one and was told, they have a 30 day warranty, and it was past that, but like I said, it took nine of those days to get to me, he said, it was still more than 30 days...so, no dice.

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Apr 10, 2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 04:47 PM
I can't fly
Joined Dec 2006
637 Posts
Oh no arguement from me there, just wanted to make sure it was clear on the warranty stuff. I have a lot of batteries since I don't have anything gas yet and most of it is Thunder Power.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 04:53 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,875 Posts
I only have a "few"... (actually a few more since the picture was taken).

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:18 AM
I can't fly
Joined Dec 2006
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
I only have a "few"... (actually a few more since the picture was taken).

SteveT
I see you have a few new 6S 4400mah 45C packs. I have those as well and really like them in my 74" edge, 72, Extra, and 65" Vyper. Nice light pack for some fun flying.

If you decide that you want to sell them let me know.

I couldn't get all my batteries into one picture with a wide lens.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:38 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,875 Posts
The 4400's are 4S. (X6) Those are what I use in my 74" Edge. Sorry, not for sale. My 6S packs are 65C (X6).

And those are not all my batteries, just the Thunder Power's..

And people have that problem when they try to take a picture of me....definitely need a wide angle lens....
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 12, 2014, 09:13 AM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,132 Posts
I feel positively battery poor by comparison. Great info from both of you thanks for posting. I have some batts charging now and it is warming up. It looks like I can get some flights in today and maybe a night flight after dark to see if the prism tape makes any difference. Enjoy the weekend everyone.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON