Find More Posts by Nordair
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined May 2015
13 Posts
New Product
Durafly Bravado 3D Aerobatic Sports Flyer

Durafly Bravado – 3D Aerobatic Sports Plane
Build and Flight Review

The new Durafly Bravado is an impressive 1000mm wingspan, EPO electric 3D Sports plane that comes with a preinstalled 2814 – 1000KV outrunner electric motor, 40A ESC, and all servos and electrics installed for you. Assembly time is about 1 hour if you take your time and requires very little work.

So Whats In The Box???

The model came in a carton that is double boxed for protection. When opened the model is presented well with ALL parts separated into individual partitions in the box to avoid scuffing. The hardware is bagged separately so as to avoid damage to the airframe.

The fuselage, wings and tail surfaces are made from very solid EPO foam that looks and feels very solid. The decoration is striking and well applied with no signs of scuffing or flaking. The servos, motor and ESC are all pre-installed making this aspect of assembly very easy.

Lets Get Building……..

The Instruction Manual is comprehensive and very easy to read with photos and step by step instructions that include all flight setup requirements.
The first steps are to apply the wings, ailerons and horizontal tail surfaces, which simply glue in to place. There is no references as to what glues should be used for assembly however I did most of mine with foam safe CA and 5 minute epoxy.
Once completed the rudder is glued into position and the push rods inserted and secured. Note the retaining tube on the fuselage that guides the rudder push rod will need to be broken-off and reattached after the push rod is inserted.
Next is the undercarriage which simply screws into the fuselage with two bolts as does the tail wheel assembly.
After this all that is left to do is attached the propeller assembly and the build is done. Very simple!
The battery hatch is small and will only really accommodate a 1300mah 3 cell lipo , having said that the model does balance out nicely with this battery installed.
The recommended throws and C of G are a good starting point and can be fine-tuned by the pilot to suite their requirements.

How Does It Fly???

I picked a sunny day with light winds to test fly the Bravado The grass at the field was short and dry so the conditions were in my favour. After a range check I took the model down to the flight line and set it up pointing into the wind.

The Bravado took off in a few meters and had ample power to climb vertically on launch, the motor provides good power for alll 3D manouevres an dthe plane is very stable. After some basic loops, rolls, cubans and alike I tried some hovering and knife edge passes, all of which were effortless with the plane.

It has nice handling cahracteristics and its high alpha performance is commendable. The only down side is that the pre-installed plastic geared servos are not up to the task and I had to replace the rudder and elevator servos after the second flight. I have swapped these for some HobbyKing 939MG servos which provide great response and the strength required.

As to be expected with a plane like this the landings are a breeze and you can pretty much place it down on a 20 cent piece if you choose.

This is a great plane to add to anyone’s collection and given its small size it is easy to throw in the back of the car for a trip to the park. Great flying aerobatic plane!
Nordair is offline Find More Posts by Nordair
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:28 AM
Find More Posts by spaceinvader
Princess Anne, Md.
Joined Oct 2006
623 Posts
I have also replaced the servos with metal gear as well as replace the esc with switchmode. There is a main thread
spaceinvader is offline Find More Posts by spaceinvader
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wingsmaker Sunrise
Old Nov 26, 2015, 01:47 PM
Find More Posts by Jager1
United States, TX, Conroe
Joined Nov 2015
2 Posts
How does she fly? Looks very interesting .
Jager1 is offline Find More Posts by Jager1