HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:43 PM
I just want to fly
USA, IN, Jeffersonville
Joined Aug 2008
690 Posts
Discussion
KFM3 for the SS?

Hi all i was wondering anyone tryed to make a KFM wing for thier slow stick.with me making tony's BB with the kfm able to fly in wind to some degree.I was just wondering how a SS would react with a KFM3 or 4 wing.

If you have tryed this please let me know how it went..im hoping tony will chime in on this with his KFM experiance..im even thinking of putting alirons on it.

any feed back would be very greatfull.....

Thanks
Mike BeMiller
justwanttofly is offline Find More Posts by justwanttofly
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2008, 06:19 AM
I just want to fly
USA, IN, Jeffersonville
Joined Aug 2008
690 Posts
any ideas?
justwanttofly is offline Find More Posts by justwanttofly
Old Oct 14, 2008, 06:33 AM
Sverige, Västra Götalands Län, Trollhättan
Joined Oct 2006
393 Posts
I have no experience with the KF airfol, but I have scratchbuilt a Slow Stick clone on which I first used an under-cambered airfoil with dihedral and ailerons. It worked good and I basicly learned to fly RC with that plane. Then after alot of crashing the wing had became so soft it was time for something differen so I build a Clark Y wing with ailerons but without dihedral. That wing was not as slow as the UC wing, but now rolls were more straight and the plane was more aerobatic.

So my advice is: TRY IT! Foam is cheap, and from what I have read about the KF airfoil it will probably fly great. While you are at it building the wing, make 2 wings with the different KF airfoils you want to try and evaluate which one suits the SS best!
kalleman is offline Find More Posts by kalleman
Old Oct 14, 2008, 08:32 AM
Into the Wild Blue Wonder
ATL
Joined Jan 2007
1,018 Posts
It is common sense to take a method and try it: If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. - FDR

Jasta
Jasta_66 is offline Find More Posts by Jasta_66
Old Oct 17, 2008, 07:10 PM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Mike, the KFm3 would make a superb wing for a SS. It'll be a little faster than the UC wing but it'll fly in a lot worse conditions.

Tony

PS: Sorry for the slow response
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
Old Oct 18, 2008, 05:09 AM
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jun 2008
40 Posts
I have a KF wing for my SS. It flys nicely and is much better at coping with windy conditions.

It doesnt to well but flys nicely and almost floats around the field under power.

I made mine out of 6mm floor mate foam, similar to depron.

It has the same dimensions as the standard wing with a 50% step on the top.

Mike
mike_cj0 is offline Find More Posts by mike_cj0