SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:08 AM
Fly A Mile High
Aurora, Co
Joined Jan 2004
100 Posts
Question
RC Lander electric retracts any good??

I am putting electric retracts on my H9 corsair arf. I was just about to order the rotating retracts from Wingspan Retracts but just found these other retracts on Sonic RC website. They are about $100 cheaper, but I don't know if they are any good. Has anyone had any experience with these retracts or this company? Any thoughts or insight would be helpful to me!! I will try to post the link to the website here: http://www.sonicelectric.com/Merchan...roduct_Count=2

Thanks
shamrock1990 is offline Find More Posts by shamrock1990
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:54 AM
United States, TX, Leander
Joined Sep 2003
2,804 Posts
They wont work. Look closely at them, the motor points towards the leading edge of the wing and the gear swing opposite the motor. This means the motor would have to stick through the leading edge of the wing, or mount it so far back you would never be able to get the axle close to the leading edge of the wing. Many have looked, many were disappointed. Pretty stupid design. On the other hand, they might work in a P-40 since the gear is in a shroud. But I feel uneasy cutting a hole in the leading edge of the wing. Its a good idea with poor execution.

I'm still looking too, for electric rotating corsair gear. There is word of a guy having good luck using eflight 46 size corsair gear in a 60 size top flight. I'm waiting till he has more flights. There is also rumor that Lado is coming out with a 100deg corsair retract, their current is only 90deg, but no news in a long time. When it comes time, if I cant find a suitable electric, I'll just go with air and sierra's.
Edwin
edwin1 is online now Find More Posts by edwin1
Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:08 PM
Fly A Mile High
Aurora, Co
Joined Jan 2004
100 Posts
Thanks for the info Edwin

Yeah i wondered about that motor sticking out the front also. I think the Wingspan retracts should work however. The motor is self contained in the retract and the size appears to be about the same as the mech. retracts the plane came with. They are a little pricey though, but cheaper than the air systems I think.

Brendan
shamrock1990 is offline Find More Posts by shamrock1990
Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Sep 2003
2,804 Posts
I was waiting on wingspan also. There is a member that had a lot of quality issues with his, so waiting for a good review. Havent heard any yet.
Edwin
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:00 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,273 Posts
i was looking at Wingspan also. They had a significant price increase recently. I wonder if they have a higher quality unit now?????

Ken
kenh3497 is online now Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:03 PM
Joined Sep 2003
2,804 Posts
Would really like to hear someone chime in on the Wingspans.
Edwin
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:42 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,293 Posts
I bought Lander rotating LG on eBay cheap enough but, the gear do not look exceptionally sturdy (that is a nice way of saying they are kind of cheap. They have a smallish drive screw. So I'm cautious at best. I guess all my landings will need to be perfect? I did put them in a P40. The motor electronics seem very nice.
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4