HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
779 Posts
Discussion
E Cigs...

Curosity finally go the better of me and I tried my first electronic cigarette.

I was totally supprised to find out that they are indeed a viable substitute to the real thing. I got a cheapy brand called etron made by an outfit in florida. It costs about 5 bucks and is supposed to be the equal to two packs of cigs and is disposable. So it may seem expensive but in reality it is less costly. That is if you truly get two packs worth out of it.

Yes I know the best thing would be to quit altogether, now that is out of the way.

Anyone else tried these? Your experiences with them?

ps; Cant wait to whip one out in public
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:35 PM
So Cal
Joined May 2008
2,633 Posts
I was able to quit a pack a day after a couple of weeks.

These are the best ones to start with. https://www.cignot.com/product_p/kit-510-nbx.htm

This forum will have all the information you'll ever need. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

Supplies. http://www.madvapes.com/
flyzwell is offline Find More Posts by flyzwell
Last edited by flyzwell; Dec 09, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:40 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
They're far less obnoxious in enclosed spaces too, but that doesn't stop a few users from being jerks and blowing the vapor at other people.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,775 Posts
I'm currently working on an E-Cig downloadable app for the Ipod and Ipad.

It comes with a mouthpiece you can fit into the side of the Ipad or Ipod.

If you inhale from the mouthpiece you'll be able to select from various flavors of Magic Smoke provided by Foxconn from China.

It'll also include a keyboard display app for the touchscreen so if you blow into the mouthpiece you can use it as a Melodica.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melodica

Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:00 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
I switched to vaping a little over a year ago. I use a provari http://www.provape.com/provari-varia...-ecig-s/36.htm with an atomizer and I have several different juices I use. My favorite Juice is Nite Lite Vapor Bounty Hunter but is hard to get because it is so popular. http://www.litecigusa.net/NiteLite_V...uids_s/254.htm Ecig forum will provide you with a ton of valuable info. I introduced vaping to several of my smoking friends and all have dropped the analogs.
ambientech is online now Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:15 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
I switched about 1.5 years back. Was straight vape until I took a Hawaii trip and had no spares. They wanted $130 for a e-cig on the island. Marlboro time
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
They're far less obnoxious in enclosed spaces too, but that doesn't stop a few users from being jerks and blowing the vapor at other people.
That's silly, the vapor hardly stays around. I would have to try REALLY hard to actually blow smoke at people. If I was in the same car as you, you probably wouldn't be able to smell me vaping. I'd have to get about a foot from your face and blow it at you.

Anyway, they got me off smokes as well but I don't ever plan to stop vaping. Its just to relaxing. I do it at work which is nice as well.

My advice is to stop vaping tobacco flavors as soon as you can. It makes real cigs taste awful so you don't want them anymore.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:12 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
My fave flav is flu cured

Cappuccino is guud too
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,820 Posts
Coffee and cola for me

I get most of my stuff from awesomevapor.com
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanLA View Post
That's silly, the vapor hardly stays around. I would have to try REALLY hard to actually blow smoke at people. If I was in the same car as you, you probably wouldn't be able to smell me vaping. I'd have to get about a foot from your face and blow it at you.
Nah it was in a restaurant, and the table adjacent blew some vapor that smelled of mint after puffing on their e-cig. It's clear that they just switched over and don't quite get that you don't have to smoke it like it's going to kill you.

I'm glad for e-cigs gaining ground, but it'll still be a while before smokers who switch also fix their dirtier smoking-related habits.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:42 AM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
I tried the whole e-cig craze a few years ago, i went with TW, and used the strongest nicotine liquid available 36mg malboro flavor, i tried for months to switch over, never could go more than two days without the real thing, which made me think im more addicted to the additives then the nicotine.

If it helped you quit the real thing.. good for you, but it does not work for everyone.
Heliman420 is offline Find More Posts by Heliman420
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Jul 2004
3,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
Nah it was in a restaurant, and the table adjacent blew some vapor that smelled of mint after puffing on their e-cig. It's clear that they just switched over and don't quite get that you don't have to smoke it like it's going to kill you.

I'm glad for e-cigs gaining ground, but it'll still be a while before smokers who switch also fix their dirtier smoking-related habits.
Make sure you don't step in the spitoon on your way out of the restaurant.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:46 AM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
I tried an E-cig earlier this year. At first, I was able to stop ciggies, but I found out a few things:

It is so much heavier than a real one that it started to irritate my lower lip.

It reinforces putting something in your mouth and getting a nikki fix (if you are still doing that).

Some people do dislike the smell. (Others, including my girlfriend, liked it.)

If you pull one out at a card game, the smokers who don't have one resent you!
Bob HSG is offline Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:19 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliman420 View Post
I tried the whole e-cig craze a few years ago, i went with TW, and used the strongest nicotine liquid available 36mg malboro flavor, i tried for months to switch over, never could go more than two days without the real thing, which made me think im more addicted to the additives then the nicotine.

If it helped you quit the real thing.. good for you, but it does not work for everyone.
I tried a little over 2 years ago the first time and it was a no go. The equipment has improved 100 fold since then. I was a 2 pad smoker and with a variable voltage device and a juice with a strong throat hit I was done with smoking. Some are addicted more to the Whole Tobacco Alkaloid rather than just nicotine and for those a few companies are offering juice with it. http://www.aromaejuice.com/
ambientech is online now Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:54 PM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech View Post
I tried a little over 2 years ago the first time and it was a no go. The equipment has improved 100 fold since then. I was a 2 pad smoker and with a variable voltage device and a juice with a strong throat hit I was done with smoking. Some are addicted more to the Whole Tobacco Alkaloid rather than just nicotine and for those a few companies are offering juice with it. http://www.aromaejuice.com/
Thanks for the link, i will look into it.

I modified my e-cigs to run of an old charger, with a push button for on/off, i could vape all night, but still craved the real thing.
Heliman420 is offline Find More Posts by Heliman420