HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:01 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,209 Posts
If i try to spin my rotor by hand it stops rotating the nanosecond i let it go, it Doesn't even move a extra step on the gear.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:08 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
If i try to spin my rotor by hand it stops rotating the nanosecond i let it go, it Doesn't even move a extra step on the gear.
Same here, but when spooling up with the motor, then cutting throttle, the blades make a few revs indeed. Manually turning the motor it seems like "the brakes are on", I bet the motor has very strong magnets.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:26 AM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Same here, but when spooling up with the motor, then cutting throttle, the blades make a few revs indeed. Manually turning the motor it seems like "the brakes are on", I bet the motor has very strong magnets.
I guess mine is getting old and the magnets are not that strong anymore. But I have brushless on the way.
Skovoroda is offline Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:43 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,209 Posts
Seems moving the motor as far back as possible, and then adding a little bit of ptfe on the pinion/gear teeth solved it.

Btw, what value is recommended for motor temperature alarm? Standard on the devo 7e tx was 100c, i lowered that to 72c.
2 battery's hovering into the wind/ direct sunlight triggerd the temperature alarm.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:30 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,483 Posts
Does this also apply to miniCP? Considering this for my next heli after the v911.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....65#post3856265

It's the only tutorial i can find that explains how to fly a 6ch coming from a 4ch.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:06 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Does this also apply to miniCP? Considering this for my next heli after the v911.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....65#post3856265

It's the only tutorial i can find that explains how to fly a 6ch coming from a 4ch.

Not fully. In this tutorial the advice is given to use the cyclic sticks when taking off to make the heli take off vertical. But most flybarless systems don't respond well when using cyclic with the skids still on the ground. I only touch the cyclic stick on my MiniCP when it's in the air, and take offs are always controlled and straight. The hardest things to learn when coming from 45 degree designs is that you need to be easy on the sticks and that the heli will keep moving in whatever direction you send it, until you tell it to go back. No auto brake, like on the 45 degree stuff.

You can use expo to dull the response, although that won't teach you a lot. First flights just concentrate on taking off, and keeping the heli within an invisible box, then land. Don't touch the rudder, just cyclic and throttle. You will see you will be able to keep the heli in a smaller box as you make more flights. As you progress to that, it's time to make the heli move around with the cyclic. When that is going well too, it's time to get the heli doing some circuits with rudder turns, but beware, a small flybarless heli can move fast. Better have some space to fly then.

But I'm just a beginner in CP, there are probably more experienced pilots to help you.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Aug 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:40 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,209 Posts
i went directly to a mini from a v911 and dont have mutch experience. But getting of the ground into a hover is very easy with the minicp.

What you should do is give just enough thrust to get the mini to skid along the ground, then drain a battery or two just getting used to the feeling of the cyclic stick.

Then when you feel confident give it that extra stick movement to get it into a hover.

Now, i just noticed something on my mini, the mainshaft can be moved up/and down by about 1-1.5mm, I'm presuming this is whats causing me to have issues keeping it on a fixed level when wind pushes it.

Now, is this intended with a feathering shaft? or can i put a small washer above the maingear? Because this causes quite abit of movment of the blade pitch.

PS. How do you remove the main gear? i cant see any screw like on the v911.
Last edited by Xermalk; Aug 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Oct 2004
8 Posts
Just upgraded my mini cp with brushless motor c05 and 9t all from chinesejade. Head speed seams high so lowered to 80%. Now it has the power i need to do 3D. My walkera 350mah hovers 6:10minuts, 300mah nanotech hovers 5:45min.
Stock motor i got about 2:45-3 min before i had to land
Under 70% pitch and no tail blow out
I know love my mini cp
khmoe is offline Find More Posts by khmoe
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,298 Posts
Quote:
i went directly to a mini from a v911 and dont have mutch experience. But getting of the ground into a hover is very easy with the minicp.

What you should do is give just enough thrust to get the mini to skid along the ground, then drain a battery or two just getting used to the feeling of the cyclic stick.

Then when you feel confident give it that extra stick movement to get it into a hover.

Now, i just noticed something on my mini, the mainshaft can be moved up/and down by about 1-1.5mm, I'm presuming this is whats causing me to have issues keeping it on a fixed level when wind pushes it.

Now, is this intended with a feathering shaft? or can i put a small washer above the maingear? Because this causes quite abit of movment of the blade pitch.

PS. How do you remove the main gear? i cant see any screw like on the v911.
Just take your index finger and thumb...place index on the collar and thumb below the main gear (landing gear removed) then squeeze...that's all it takes.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Aug 16, 2012, 03:21 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,483 Posts
Quote:

How easy is it to take the miniCP apart compared to a v911? All the connections on the v911 are soldered in so it's not really easy to replace major components. Landing gears and tail booms are solidly glued in. Replacing a tail boom is moot since you'll break the frame just to get it out.

I noticed that the miniCP board is socketed. Which should mean you no longer need a soldering iron. Snap-in/Screwed-in parts plus light weight, should mean it's both tougher and easier to repair. Is this your experience with the miniCP?

As of now, my actual choices are.

http://helitrex.multiply.com/photos/...HELIS#photo=28
http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...ADE-MCPx-CLONE!!!
http://helitrex.multiply.com/photos/...HELIS#photo=29

in that order.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:34 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
How easy is it to take the miniCP apart compared to a v911? All the connections on the v911 are soldered in so it's not really easy to replace major components. Landing gears and tail booms are solidly glued in. Replacing a tail boom is moot since you'll break the frame just to get it out.

I noticed that the miniCP board is socketed. Which should mean you no longer need a soldering iron. Snap-in/Screwed-in parts plus light weight, should mean it's both tougher and easier to repair. Is this your experience with the miniCP?

As of now, my actual choices are.

http://helitrex.multiply.com/photos/...HELIS#photo=28
http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...ADE-MCPx-CLONE!!!
http://helitrex.multiply.com/photos/...HELIS#photo=29

in that order.
Very easy, all motors and servos are using connectors and the landing skid is simply pressed in. You will be hard pressed to find something easier to rapair then the mini cp.

Not sure about the tail boom though so ill leave that to someone else to answer.
But from what it looks like its just a press fit.

Ps check if this is still valid, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1678581.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:02 AM
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
I am confused. I wanted to go brushless so I read everything about it. Maybe too much.
I do not want massive power so HP05 is irrelevant for me.
Still the options are confusing:
ESC : Flysky 10A vs. WK 10A
Pnion: 8t vs 9t
Shaft size: 1mm vs 1.5mm
C05: It seems like there are different type of motors.

Can someone please sort this mess to me?
Thanks.
eagle75 is offline Find More Posts by eagle75
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:13 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,209 Posts
Does the Gyro pot on the rx board do anything if you fly a mcp with a Devo 7e? I have a menu in it where i can set gyro sensitivity %.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:59 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,603 Posts
Quote:
Does the Gyro pot on the rx board do anything if you fly a mcp with a Devo 7e? I have a menu in it where i can set gyro sensitivity %.
The gyro setting on the transmitter sets the tail gyro, the gyro pot on the rx sets the flybarless stabilisation level.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Oct 2004
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle75 View Post
I am confused. I wanted to go brushless so I read everything about it. Maybe too much.
I do not want massive power so HP05 is irrelevant for me.
Still the options are confusing:
ESC : Flysky 10A vs. WK 10A
Pnion: 8t vs 9t
Shaft size: 1mm vs 1.5mm
C05: It seems like there are different type of motors.

Can someone please sort this mess to me?
Thanks.
I bougt all my parts from chinesejade.com. Everything works great. Spinup before frist line on the throttle. Head speed maybe alittle high, but just tone down the throttle. I can now do more 3D because i have more power to pull out when i mess up

He also got very cheap parts
khmoe is offline Find More Posts by khmoe