SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 14, 2002, 08:27 PM
United States, NY, Fairport
Joined Jun 2000
2,600 Posts
Gary Wright's new design

Wait until you see Gary's newest design fly. He calls it "just a simple sport plane" but he's being overly modest. He gave me the opportunity to fly it at NEAT today (I just got home and couldn't wait to brag!!). What a hoot. It faster than the E3D but still very aerobatic. The rolls are very quick and axial and the loops are a real hoot. Again all of this on about $40 worth of power system. It slows down really nicely and with a better pilot than me in the windy conditions it lands perfectly (sorry Gary about the landing).
I know he's gearing up for the TOC and won't be able to finalize anything on the Sport E for a couple of months but it will definitely be worth the wait.
Thanks again Gary for letting me fly it.
Dave Ottney
dottney is offline Find More Posts by dottney
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2002, 10:24 PM
Naperville, IL USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,886 Posts
I assume it's this plane?

It was this plane, right?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=60162

Mitch
Mitch G is offline Find More Posts by Mitch G
Old Sep 15, 2002, 10:04 AM
Joined Jun 2000
2,600 Posts
Yep, that's it. Great fun.
Dave
Old Sep 15, 2002, 07:15 PM
Tork it or Dork it
Elizabethville,PA USA
Joined Jul 2000
2,198 Posts
I was checking it out at the Neat. Real neat. Flies really well!! I can't wait till the kits comes out!!
Ryan Nau is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Nau
Old Sep 15, 2002, 09:55 PM
Product Manager at Hobbico
United States
Joined May 2000
5,163 Posts
thanks for the thumbs up dave, and no problem about the landing,.. I had several people at neat fly it to get comments,.. and if I hand you a transmitter,.. I accept responsibility for anything that happens. Of course you know though, that you now have the distinction of being the first person to strip a spur gear by flattening the landing gear on landing of the "e-sport", or whatever the name ends up being I had over 40 flights on it, and didn't even strip a gear when I broke the prop in a funfly "arrival". I did strip another after you left,.. didn't think to give the landing gear a tweak after your,..er,..uhm,.. "landing",.. and it was sitting a bit low the next flight
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT
Old Sep 16, 2002, 08:30 PM
Joined Jun 2000
2,600 Posts
Arghhhh Gary, now everybody knows how I dorked it !! I still can't believe I whiffed the landing after having so much fun with it in the air. What a distinction!!
Seriously the plane is great, anybody looking for a smooth aerobatic sport plane will be happy with this one.
Dave