HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:30 PM
Joined May 2005
129 Posts
Question
Dynam 30A ESC Programming

To Anyone that can help,
I have a cheap Dynam 30A ESC that has the yellow shrink wrap and blue motor wires that the instructions that came with it only provided instructions for the brake on/off and the timing. I had been using it in a 40 in FF Edge for several years with some Thunder Power 1320mah 13C/20C Burst batteries. They sometimes got a little puffy but worked fine. Well the FF Edge finally died and I've transferred all of the equipment into a 39" Crack Yak from Twisted hobbies and I also bought some new 850mah 45C Nano-tech batteries. The TP's are getting old but in an effort not to kill my new Nano Techs I started looking into programming the ESC to make sure it wasn't going to cut off below 9 volts for a 3S Lipo. Well this is turning out to be much harder than I thought.

I bought a Turnigy program card first, didn't work, Then bought a Dynam Detrem program card next, still didn't work. I guess my next is a Jeti type with the jumpers but I wonder if this will work. And the basic Jeti card doesn't allow cutoff voltage adjustment. I've downloaded the more elaborate stick instructions for Dynam ESC's but the notes and beeps described in the manual don't match what the ESC plays and you can't program anything besides brake and timing.

Using a watt meter the battery voltage goes down to almost 8.0 volts before the cutoff kicks in. That sounds like a NiCad cutoff, not Lipo.

So I guess the questions are:

1) Do the cheap Dynam ESC's only have 2 parameters, brake and timing? Or should there be stick programming instructions somewhere that will work?

2) Is there a reason the Dynam Advanced card (LED Type) won't work with this ESC?

3) Will the Jeti advanced card work with this or only the basic Jeti card or neither?

Any help is appreciated. Fluke.
Fluke63 is offline Find More Posts by Fluke63
Last edited by Fluke63; Nov 21, 2014 at 01:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2014, 08:31 AM
Joined May 2005
129 Posts
bump
Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM
Joined May 2005
129 Posts
Anyone? Anything?