HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:21 PM
United States, FL, Floral City
Joined Dec 2012
64 Posts
Discussion
Servo Memory?

Not sure what happened but the flaps on my FMS plane wont come down all the way. The receiver is an AR600 with a DX6i. Previously I had limited the travel distance in the transmitter to 15 percent. Putting the travel back to 100 percent only moved them down about 20 percent. Initially when I setup the model the flaps would come down almost 40 degrees. In rebinding the receiver a few times with the flap travel limited does the servo think full down is the 20 percent mark?
Any ideas? Would binding the receiver to another model number put things back?
GrandpaInFlorida is offline Find More Posts by GrandpaInFlorida
Last edited by GrandpaInFlorida; Feb 17, 2013 at 07:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:08 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
6,242 Posts
Servos are stupid. They ain't go no brain and therefore the ain't got no memory. They only do what the signal from the transmitter tells them to do. Binding is a receiver thing to get it to recognize the controling transmitter. If the receiver has a memory it is used only during failsafe when it loses the transmitter signal. Under normal operation the receiver simply decodes and relays the transmitter's signal to the appropriate servos. What it boils down to is that your problem is probably in the transmitter programing. You might try setting all of the transmitter programing for the flap channel back to zero, then reprogram the flaps for your desired movement.

Larry
Lnagel is offline Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:10 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
may try unhooking the servos and see if they move all the way,if so work the flaps up and down (with out servo hooked up) maybe something is binding. Servo,s have no memory.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:26 PM
United States, TX, Balch Springs
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
I had this happen to me and as I am new to the hobby it took me a bit to figure out but the issue ended up being that I connected the servo jack into the wrong slot on the rx .....
s.lagard is offline Find More Posts by s.lagard
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:39 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,015 Posts
Agree with the others, servos are dumb, they have no memory. As noted above disconnect the flap and see if the servo then travels it's full range, if so there must be some stiffness in the flap or linkage that's preventing the movement. If the servo still only moves part range even with the servo disconnected then you probably still have something set in the programming that's limiting travel. Try binding the Rx to a unused 'clean' model profile in the Tx memory and see if the flap then moves fully; if so this confirms that it's something in the programming.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:45 AM
PowerTower
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2009
1,087 Posts
Sure to be a TX thing. It's easy to miss something, after all there's dual-rates, expo, sub-trim, end-points, .... I would check out and write down current settings, then get the model memory defaulted or erased, then start to dial in the required settings. I would nearly bet you have something on the rates which is why you don't have the servo movement.
RWData is offline Find More Posts by RWData
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:41 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,192 Posts
resetting the model memory will slove 99.9% of these types of problems...
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:31 AM
United States, FL, Floral City
Joined Dec 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
resetting the model memory will slove 99.9% of these types of problems...
That's what I did and it's back to normal. Thanks to all for the suggestions.
GrandpaInFlorida is offline Find More Posts by GrandpaInFlorida