SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2014, 09:47 AM
Joined May 2012
63 Posts
this means your retract is not entirely up... it is possible to fix it setting a gear inside to proper position when end position swith is pressed by gear leg. you will need to open it and adjust. You can also write to EPF for instruction what to do - they react in few days.
DukeRoger is offline Find More Posts by DukeRoger
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2014, 06:16 PM
Middletown, CT
Joined Sep 2009
119 Posts
Thanks Duke, appreciate the input.
richh73 is offline Find More Posts by richh73
Old Oct 02, 2014, 11:12 PM
Middletown, CT
Joined Sep 2009
119 Posts
Exchanged emails with EPF support. Great to deal with. They think it's a broken gear. They are shipping me a new retract.
Old Oct 07, 2014, 08:51 AM
Joined May 2012
63 Posts
yeah - they are quite responsive, the only problem is cost of shipping which can be an issue for smaller parts
Old Oct 08, 2014, 06:35 AM
United States, ME, Sanford
Joined Jan 2012
14 Posts
My Tucan is being delivered today! Was able to get it for just over $130, 40 bucks off in coupons and gift certificates from Tower Hobbies, AND free shipping! Not a bad deal, just have to convince my wife another plane is really necessary! This will be my winter build/painting project.
How long did it take to get your retracts from EPF? I see that they take PayPal so that makes me feel better. Look like the shipping is about 27 bucks....WOW, I know it's from Tiawan but WHEW! So when all is said and done the retracts will cost what the plane did, I hope they are worth it (quality) vs. the HobbyKing ones. I was going to get the metal sides ones as recommended by a previous post.
qakeith is offline Find More Posts by qakeith
Old Oct 08, 2014, 07:29 AM
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Jan 2002
430 Posts
qakeith, you did good on the Tower deal. The Tucan is on the top of my build list for this Winter, it's a real nice kit. The EPF retracts are pricey but I was quite impressed with their quality. I've already ran them up on the bench and seem very smooth and solid.
And remember another plane is always necessary, you never know when one may be down for maintenance!
Caddguy6 is offline Find More Posts by Caddguy6
Old Oct 08, 2014, 03:49 PM
Joined May 2012
63 Posts
it took about 10 days for EPF delivery, take version with metal sides
Old Oct 08, 2014, 07:43 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,459 Posts
Hobbyking retracts are so fragile, I have trouble all the time with them. Could you please post the link of thos retracts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qakeith View Post
My Tucan is being delivered today! Was able to get it for just over $130, 40 bucks off in coupons and gift certificates from Tower Hobbies, AND free shipping! Not a bad deal, just have to convince my wife another plane is really necessary! This will be my winter build/painting project.
How long did it take to get your retracts from EPF? I see that they take PayPal so that makes me feel better. Look like the shipping is about 27 bucks....WOW, I know it's from Tiawan but WHEW! So when all is said and done the retracts will cost what the plane did, I hope they are worth it (quality) vs. the HobbyKing ones. I was going to get the metal sides ones as recommended by a previous post.
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Oct 08, 2014, 10:46 PM
Middletown, CT
Joined Sep 2009
119 Posts
http://www.epf.com.tw/goods.php?id=81

This is the set I have.

..Rich
Old Oct 09, 2014, 09:24 AM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richh73 View Post
http://www.epf.com.tw/goods.php?id=81

This is the set I have.

..Rich
+1....Same as mine, they fit like a glove and work perfectly!
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:18 AM
Liverpool, UK
Joined Jun 2002
459 Posts
Finally got round to starting my Tucan today

4250-650 Motor
Turnigy 60a Plush ESC
PZ15148 Servo's
Hobbyking Retracts

Unsure whether I am going 4s or 5s yet, choice I have is 5s 4000s or 4s 3000s.

Have installed the nose retract, thanks to Bansheerider's photo's. Just waiting for my wing to dry to install servos and retracts in it, then need to get a bit of wood for mounting the steering servo, and join the fuselage.
charlatan is offline Find More Posts by charlatan