United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
Hi,

I just finished with assembly of my X650

On a test run the motor3 does not spin, it shakes left-right but does not spin

I checked connections and they are all correct - any ideas?

thanks
EDIT:
Forget below, it's a dumb answer (it's late here and I'm tired) I forgot the cables are attatched to the motors
Have you checked the cables going through the arm ?
Is it possible a cable in there was damaged whilst inserting the screws ?

Just a thought as it's very possible to do whilst assembling
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2011, 08:38 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2011
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee View Post
EDIT:
Forget below, it's a dumb answer (it's late here and I'm tired) I forgot the cables are attatched to the motors
Have you checked the cables going through the arm ?
Is it possible a cable in there was damaged whilst inserting the screws ?

Just a thought as it's very possible to do whilst assembling
i checked number of times - the same motor works on other ports, on this port none of the motors work
TheGunMan is offline Find More Posts by TheGunMan
Old Jun 02, 2011, 09:15 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jan 2007
4,514 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 09:28 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jan 2007
4,514 Posts
---Deleted---
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 10:09 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jan 2007
4,514 Posts
---Deleted---
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 11:29 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2011
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirt57 View Post
That's good work tracking down the culprit. Process of elemination. What you may want to do is contact support@xaircraft.com to see what to do next rather than wait for Jingchen to show up here.

- Jeff
I sent xaircraft and Jeff from CNC an email - and both answered fast - the service is birliant so far!

Hope to fly soon
TheGunMan is offline Find More Posts by TheGunMan
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:03 AM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Jan 2011
308 Posts
Quote:
Again, a picture says 1000 words. I took to heart something Naterpin said when he was over. His words were not directed at the X8 but it was the lack of words toward it that hit me. He said the Hexa really looked professional. Just like I had bought it as a Hexa.

This got me thinking, when I looked at the X8, it looked amateurish or messy. All those wires everywhere. The ESCs strapped onto the arms. Hmmmm, what to do. Well, like most ideas, mine came to me in bed. Why not make an ESC plate that I can bolt below the FC? Why not indeed!!! Below is the result. Now all the wires can tuck in under the cover. The arms are clean. Next will probably be a set of landing gear that will be the same as my Hexa has. But that will have to wait for another day.

- Jeff
All of you have very well made. But for X8 (4x4) the most compact combination ESC-4A + four ESC X450. In such variant there are less than wires and connections. Besides, the arrangement of one ESC over the second conducts both to bad cooling. It needs to be considered.
I fly for a long time on X8 (4x4). Tried different combinations and variants.
Delfin000 is offline Find More Posts by Delfin000
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:30 AM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Jan 2011
308 Posts
Here there is some video of my flight X8. Very powerful and stable system.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTp3wiVURtI
Delfin000 is offline Find More Posts by Delfin000
Old Jun 03, 2011, 03:19 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,068 Posts
Hello to every one,
It's been quite some time I'm reading about xaircraft drones, and I almost decide to get one.

The purpose will be to use it as carrier for video and photo (as many of you) but I haven't decide which one get. I'm a little short on money, so the price difference between the x450 and the 650 could be important.

After reading, i saw that payload is not very different between them. 900 grs to 1100 (for the FC).

I know the 650 is more modifyible (saw that is very simple to transform to x8) for more payload in the future.

I'm in France, and I would buy the quad from uk seller, geoffrey from quadcopters. He has the x450 (329 pounds) in stock and the x650 CF (584 pounds). The price almost double.

My Idea is to adapt a 3 axis camera mount (to compensate the quad movements) into one of these.

Is really a big difference between them, or I can go for the x450 (which is more transportable). I don't mind to make mods to the aircraft to accommodate the camera mount.

Thank you for your input, and helping me to decide.
nicodh is online now Find More Posts by nicodh
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 03, 2011, 04:01 AM
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Wavre
Joined Feb 2011
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodh View Post
Hello to every one,
I'm in France
Thank you for your input, and helping me to decide.
I'm in Belgium and ordered from quadcopters.co.uk as well. No issue at all, great service. I have the X450, and I was coming from a GAUI 330XS.

If you go directly for AP & video, then I'd suggest you go for the X650. There is no proper camera mount (yet) for the X450 so you'll be completely on your own trying to find how to put your camera on it. I just found one (will be posting in the X450 thread later today) but it's far from being optimal.

I intend to go for another frame setup - most probably a Y6 for which I found a very nice frame. Send me a private message, we can talk over the phone or skype in french if you want.
moombe is online now Find More Posts by moombe
Old Jun 03, 2011, 05:08 AM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,966 Posts
great stuff Jeff.

Questions

- would grinding down the raised threaded bit that you drilled out allow a bit more of the bolt thread to through to the other half? or would it weaken that half of motor mount?

- did you leave a tab on just one motor mount half or on both and then file them down until they had the correct 14mm gap when closed together I couldn't tell on my pc screen?

- also how warm are your escs getting? i noticed my 2 x450 escs are not hot, but quite warm after a flight.

cheers

Josh

Quote:
Again, a picture says 1000 words. I took to heart something Naterpin said when he was over. His words were not directed at the X8 but it was the lack of words toward it that hit me. He said the Hexa really looked professional. Just like I had bought it as a Hexa.

This got me thinking, when I looked at the X8, it looked amateurish or messy. All those wires everywhere. The ESCs strapped onto the arms. Hmmmm, what to do. Well, like most ideas, mine came to me in bed. Why not make an ESC plate that I can bolt below the FC? Why not indeed!!! Below is the result. Now all the wires can tuck in under the cover. The arms are clean. Next will probably be a set of landing gear that will be the same as my Hexa has. But that will have to wait for another day.

- Jeff
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Old Jun 03, 2011, 05:21 AM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin000 View Post
Here there is some video of my flight X8. Very powerful and stable system.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTp3wiVURtI
Nice video, seems to work really well. I was scared for a moment at 52 seconds in, at first it looks like your copter is exploding - made my heart skip.
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 03, 2011, 06:36 AM
Joined Jun 2010
766 Posts
XA anounced just now.they had solved the problem of the GPS.

http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/viewthread.p...extra=page%3D1

And new firmware will be avaible soon.Many new features will come out.

http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/viewthread.p...extra=page%3D1

Jingchen and abin are edting the English version of these informations.It seemed they will post out the anouncement here tomorrow.
yiny0730 is offline Find More Posts by yiny0730
Old Jun 03, 2011, 07:36 AM
Joined Dec 2009
2,089 Posts
Quote:
OK Josh, piccies just because you asked. Actually I was going to upload some pictures anyway but just hadn't gotten around to taking them. As you can see I just took a regular X650 motor mount and cut it in half. I kept the little tabs on so that I don't crush the carbon fibre arms. On the top mounts I drilled out the threads but left them on the bottom ones.

- Jeff

That looks great.........did it come from the factory that way
NaterPin is offline Find More Posts by NaterPin
Old Jun 03, 2011, 08:57 AM
United States, VA, Mechanicsville
Joined Oct 2006
504 Posts
X8

New to the XAircraft and building an X8.

Does someone have a wiring diagram for setting up and using 2 XAircraft speed controllers to drive the 8 motors?

Thanks,
Laszlo
Lazman is offline Find More Posts by Lazman