HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2009, 02:20 PM
12 year old flyer :p
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Joined Aug 2008
370 Posts
Discussion
Parkzone Stryker as first aileron plane?

Hi guys, I want to know if the Parkzone Stryker would be okay as my first aileron plane?
Zett-Vampyre is offline Find More Posts by Zett-Vampyre
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2009, 02:29 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,363 Posts
Humm, tough call there. I suppose so. It is a fairly high performance plane. But you do have a throttle, so you can throttle back and not try to go full speed.
This type of plane tends to have neutral steering in that it flies exactly where you tell it to, so you need to be more or less, constantly flying it. they can be stable, in that sense, but they will not automatically correct themselves, if you put it in a shallow turn, it will stay in the turn, until you straighten it back out.

probably a good aileron trainer is the high wing planes will just a little dihedral in the wings. They make a good transition point into planes like the Stryker.

Since they do sell replacement parts for the Stryker it isn't a big deal, you can fix it, and then replace the parts that get too mangled over time.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Jul 17, 2009, 03:58 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,583 Posts
I've taken Stryker airframes and put small outrunners on them with depron tails and elevons, so they were parkflyers and beginners flew them no problems.
Butch777 is offline Find More Posts by Butch777
Old Jul 17, 2009, 04:03 PM
12 year old flyer :p
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Joined Aug 2008
370 Posts
Thanks guys.
Zett-Vampyre is offline Find More Posts by Zett-Vampyre