HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2014, 06:25 PM
Joined Feb 2012
205 Posts
Discussion
Building a wing

So I want to build a flying wing. Can some one tell how it works. You have no rudder or elevator. Just alirons. Do you mix them to work as elevator and alirons?
mensite is offline Find More Posts by mensite
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2014, 06:34 PM
United States, NE, Kearney
Joined Dec 2011
2,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensite View Post
So I want to build a flying wing. Can some one tell how it works. You have no rudder or elevator. Just alirons. Do you mix them to work as elevator and alirons?

There's a whole entire forum dedicated to flying wings.
http://www.rcgroups.com/flying-wings-211/

There is information within it that you can't imagine...
DustBen is offline Find More Posts by DustBen
Old Jun 09, 2014, 06:43 PM
United States, WA, Moses Lake
Joined Feb 2012
421 Posts
Lot's of wings built in the scratchbuild forum also. To answer your question yes the two servos are mixed to act as elevators and ailerons both or elevons. I like wings myself I built mine out of dollartree foamboard or some guys use fanfold foam insulation or you can buy epp foam kits and put those together such as crashtesthobby dot com wings.
Low and Slow is offline Find More Posts by Low and Slow