SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 22, 2014, 06:20 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2013
225 Posts
Discussion
How do you run a losi micro rally car on a 2s lipo

I just bought a losi micro rall car that is brushless, and a 2s lipo battery, but after charging the batter, the car only steers and there is no throttle. It is stock, and I have seen people run stock cars on these batteries but mine won't work. Is there anything I need to fool around with before running a li po.
Dante DAngelo is offline Find More Posts by Dante DAngelo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2014, 07:45 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
from another forum post . hope this helps ..

with some of these ESC's, when you put in a freshly charged Lipo, the speed control won't respond because of a glitch. Here's how to get around this problem:

1. Install the fresh charged battery, turn on radio, turn on power to car and work the steering servo back and forth on the radio for at least 30 seconds. What you're trying to do is take the "edge" or top charge off the battery.

2. Now leaving the radio on, UNPLUG the battery, wait a few seconds (5) and then plug battery back in. Hit the throttle and GO!

Another way to deal with this issue is to run the freshly charged lipo in another model for just a few moments, then put it in your Losi.

Hope this helps!
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Mar 23, 2014, 04:13 PM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcphreak View Post
from another forum post . hope this helps ..

with some of these ESC's, when you put in a freshly charged Lipo, the speed control won't respond because of a glitch. Here's how to get around this problem:

1. Install the fresh charged battery, turn on radio, turn on power to car and work the steering servo back and forth on the radio for at least 30 seconds. What you're trying to do is take the "edge" or top charge off the battery.

2. Now leaving the radio on, UNPLUG the battery, wait a few seconds (5) and then plug battery back in. Hit the throttle and GO!

Another way to deal with this issue is to run the freshly charged lipo in another model for just a few moments, then put it in your Losi.

Hope this helps!
I have to do this - and it works! I was so worried something was wrong with my truck, lipos, or charger!
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:31 AM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2013
225 Posts
Thanks guys. It worked!
Dante DAngelo is offline Find More Posts by Dante DAngelo
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:22 PM
dead sexy
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Nov 2006
399 Posts