HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 08:52 AM
...design-build-fly-publish...
Ware, herts. U.K.
Joined Sep 2008
3,428 Posts
I was on holiday in the middle of last week and while at the Arne RSPB nature reserve the two Lancs flew past us en-route for the Channel Islands display.

Actually they passed us about five seconds apart - so next time you hear 'the camera never lies' just laugh and walk away!

Robin
eye4wings is offline Find More Posts by eye4wings
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 10:32 AM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,276 Posts
I am due to see both Lancs at the Southport air show in a couple of weeks which I am really excited about

Cheers, Ken[quote]

I presume you've attended these shows before,do they have any r/c exhibits/stalls?Shame you can't show the Lanc!
Provisional weather looks ok,I'm seriously contemplating a trip o'er tops
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Old Today, 02:09 PM
Liverpool, England
Joined Jan 2005
1,121 Posts
I seem to recall that they do have some R/C stuff there and I think the local Southport Model Aircraft Club puts a show on.

Been busy drawing up the rear turret I have most of it sorted out now just a few more details and I can get it printed. Not pretending that its scale as after all I have to make it operate but having stared at photos for so long I have figured out most of where everything goes

I did some FOD screens for the air intakes but I think I have made them too big could you give me some opinions please, they where only $2.50 each so I can always resize and print again later on
heli_madken is offline Find More Posts by heli_madken
Old Today, 02:21 PM
Oh no, not again!
United States, LA, Carencro
Joined Dec 2005
5,332 Posts
Ken, I think your FOD screens are about spot on. IIRC, the screens were more a primitive anti-ice device, the ice would build up on the screen and intake air could get around the sides, hence the stand-offs.

Don't have any more superlatives to add to the ones you have already heard. Totally jealous. Jeff
jhspring is online now Find More Posts by jhspring
Old Today, 03:01 PM
cessna_aerobat
Luton, England
Joined Dec 2009
97 Posts
The FOD screens look great to me, I wouldn't think anyone would pick you up on them!
I saw both Lancaster's at Duxford yesterday, here is a video that I took.
Seeing them both together was unreal, and the noise as they passed overhead was breathtaking!
Lancaster pair at Duxford & B-17 'Sally B' (11 min 29 sec)
chrislarkins is online now Find More Posts by chrislarkins
Old Today, 04:36 PM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,276 Posts
Brilliant,that's one hell of a video.
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46