SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by hdworld, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:54 AM
crd
Always thinkering
United States, FL
Joined Nov 2006
1,205 Posts
Trader Rating: 119
I have worked on the electronics pcb board making field, and all of this cameras come from the same factory in China. To copy a device with the same specs, measurements, electronics is not easy, and its very EXPENSIVE thats why clones use cheaper materials and cheaper electronics, this cameras are identical with the exception of the serial number and accesories. And Im pretty sure GoPro doesnt care to much because they are behind the sales.

No serial number means they dont have to offer warranty on a camera that we KNOW will receive abuse and might get into warranty a few times (it cost gopro money) so they just sell them without a serial number. They still make money.
crd is offline Find More Posts by crd
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:29 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,100 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
While this may be from the same factory I do not so easily accept that GoPro is behind them. I work in manufacturing and I can tell you that most companies do not like to compete with themselves.

Also, China has been very good at making darn close copies for a long time. One thing you may or may not have noticed is that many of these cheap units do not appear to have the same coating on the lens. That didn't come from the GoPro factory

Bottom line is that being in manufacturing I HATE copies and cheats which is how I view these. With that said, we are all free to do as we wish so buy it if you want. I'm also free to say how I view it and have. I just want to offer some food for thought before you do buy it.

Anyone else remember Ikarus Picolo heli? It was driven from the market by EXACT cheap china made clones.
johnbyrne is online now Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:52 PM
Carbon Flyer
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Oct 2010
256 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Does the firmware on this camera up to a level to work with the phone Apps for remote?
Techcoder is offline Find More Posts by Techcoder
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:14 PM
SEFLI-GRUMMAN WINGNUT MEMBER
USA, NY, Port Jefferson Station
Joined Jul 2010
94 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
Their is no such thing as copy rite infringement in china. All I know is their are more spektrum clones airbourn the the real thing.
If the price comparison was similar to the rx clones Vs the real ones I would give one a shot.
josephcharles is offline Find More Posts by josephcharles
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: me setting up Mustang!!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:52 PM
Joined Feb 2012
617 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techcoder View Post
Does the firmware on this camera up to a level to work with the phone Apps for remote?
yes it works
thx
hdworld is offline Find More Posts by hdworld
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:10 PM
Carbon Flyer
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Oct 2010
256 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Has anyone gone through with a purchase here on RCG? I have requested payment info and have not received an answer on a method.
Techcoder is offline Find More Posts by Techcoder
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
617 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techcoder View Post
Has anyone gone through with a purchase here on RCG? I have requested payment info and have not received an answer on a method.
i have sent you paypal info
But you are too late , i dont have now .
thx
hdworld is offline Find More Posts by hdworld
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:00 AM
"Watch this!.... Oh crap"
United States, FL, Seminole
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdworld View Post
i have sent you paypal info
But you are too late , i dont have now .
thx
Most people would mark the item as "SOLD" then...
jhebbel is offline Find More Posts by jhebbel
Closed Thread