Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:52 PM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
5,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm View Post
Curtis,

We plan on testing your SS along side another during our practice contest in preparation for our ALES series Championships (what a mouth full). My initial impression is that yours is much more intuitive, easy to use and setup, and provides the CD with all the information needed to make a contest easier to manage round to round.

Just wanted to stop in and offer my thanks for your hard work. THANKS!

Jim
Thanks for the kind words Jim. Please let me know if you have any issues so I can get them fixed right away.
When is that contest?
Curtis
Curtis Suter is online now Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2014, 01:03 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
USA, WA, Spokane
Joined Nov 2003
1,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Suter View Post
Thanks for the kind words Jim. Please let me know if you have any issues so I can get them fixed right away.
When is that contest?
Curtis
Not sure when we will run the practice contest. Some time between the end of April and beginning of June. We want to make sure we get the field setup just right as well. Our club has purchased over 33 CAM units from Randy in the past two years, we also want to see how many of those will find there way to the field. The practice contest will be a free, one day event to test everything. It won't be a league event because we may have to add filler pilots just it fill out some rounds.

Looking forward to having you here in June, bring a friend or two if you can.

Jim
Jim Frahm is online now Find More Posts by Jim Frahm
Last edited by Jim Frahm; Mar 23, 2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 05:35 PM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,464 Posts
Jim, I am not sure what you mean by "filler pilots to fill out rounds" Can you explain?

Lurking everywhere,

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Old Mar 23, 2014, 07:00 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
USA, WA, Spokane
Joined Nov 2003
1,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windependence View Post
Jim, I am not sure what you mean by "filler pilots to fill out rounds" Can you explain?

Lurking everywhere,

Wayne
We may only have 10 or so pilots show up for the test so we're going to plug in made up names for additional flight groups just so we can get a feel for the scoring spreadsheet. You know, filler pilots. This is only a test contest before our two real contest.

Jim
Jim Frahm is online now Find More Posts by Jim Frahm
Old May 22, 2014, 11:43 PM
Red Merle ALES
Joined Apr 2002
5,539 Posts
Hello,

Thanks to a good friend of mine from the Southern San Joaquin Soaring Society (SSJSS) club found an error in the score sheet. So far I have ran several contests with the error removed and I have not found one change of placement.

The AMA Rules state:
(X).4 Scoring
1. Time will be recorded by the timekeeper/helper and will be truncated for scoring purposes,

I was incorrectly Truncating "Scores" and not "Times". This truncating is done solely from the Timer reading the watch. The timer should ignore tenths and write the minute and second on the watch and not use any rounding rules for tenths of a second. This wasn't a problem in the spreadsheet as there are no tenths until the normalization process is accounted for. This is where I was then truncating the score. That was incorrect.

There is an updated spreadsheet available on the "Files" page at www.TailwindGliders.com

I hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day Weekend.

Curtis Suter
Montana
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2014, 08:22 PM
Red Merle ALES
Joined Apr 2002
5,539 Posts
There is an August Update.

It was reported to me that the spreadsheet with the Combo Box (Tick box) to verify the rounds wasn't working on older versions of MS Excel. So I got rid of the combo box and made it a Yes or No answer. I actually like it better.

Thanks
Curtis

PS Since this is my thread did you hear there is a new Tailwind Gliders DVD Production?
www.TailwindGliders.com
RCG Plus Member