HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:08 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
So, when do you think the Chinese will be able to clone these spy helis and make it available for us to play with? According to the article, these 4in helicopters "deliver full video and stills and can ably maneuver in high wind."

Wonder what powers it. Cuz if it's the same 160mAh lipo, the copters will probably go down before they can be effective.
They paid $31 Million for 160 of these. Roughly $193, 750 each
tominjax is offline Find More Posts by tominjax
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:13 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
Rotor Span 120 mm, Mass 16 gr including Camera
Maximum Speed 10 m/s, Endurance up to 25 minutes
Digital Data Link, Range 1000 m Line-of-Sight
GPS Navigation or Visual Navigation through Video
Autopilot with Autonomous and Directed Modes
Hover & Stare, Automatic Search Patterns, Preplanned Routes

The PD-100 Black Hornet PRS is under Norwegian Arms Control and will only be sold to government institutions and organizations.
And with a price tag likely in the 5 figures if not 6 or more. Even if wl toys can get their hands on one, and successfully clone it, they can only market it to the likes of Bill Gates and Warren Buffet.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:10 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFREDZ View Post
Okay. I played with those 4 percentages. From 0 to 100. Throttle was still too sensitive. Either full on or off. No in between. Why are there 4 seperate adjustments? Thanks.
What do you mean by "too sensitive"? Mine was "too sensitive" when I got it in that the 'clicker' was stiff so when I got it moving it was too much.....if that makes sense? I opened it up and did something.......stretched the spring and moved the clicker a little I think. It barely does anything now and is almost completely smooth, which made it "less sensitive". If this is not what you are talking about, ignore me.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:38 PM
Joined Jul 2012
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Or get a walkera devotion 10 and run the deviation firmware then install the module from the v911 tx into the devo 10 tx and that devo 10'can use for al walkera blade wltoys etc
The Devo 10 will only fly the v911 (& sibs) with the open source software and hardware modding. The 9x will fly everything but the walkera under those conditions. Given that DeviantTx talks to DSM receivers with the devo transmitter module, it may be possible to get the 9x to talk to devo receivers with a DSM module, something I keep meaning to ask about. You can get a 9x clone for about 1/3rd the cost of a Devo 10.

That said, the Devo 10 has better hardware, which means that the DeviantTx software can be more capable than the various 9x software. If I had infinite cash, I'd have a Devo 10 (well, more likely an 8s) on order already. Sadly, I don't, so I'll probably stay with my 9x and the 7e for now.
Mike Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Mike Meyer
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:44 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Your sayi f the devo 10 with deviation can only fly v911 and sib ? It's my understanding it can only fly those with the tx module installed into the devo tx and with deviation the devo 10 can pretty much fly all helis ? Including blade,v911 and sibs and spektrum
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:22 PM
Helicopter Crasher
Joined Dec 2010
78 Posts
Can you spot the mod?

Collective Pitch is offline Find More Posts by Collective Pitch
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:23 PM
Helicopter Crasher
Joined Dec 2010
78 Posts
How about now?

Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:28 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Yes.
Paddled flybar obviously.
Is there a prize?

(How much does the camera weigh? Any vids yet?)
Thwock is offline Find More Posts by Thwock
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:40 PM
Helicopter Crasher
Joined Dec 2010
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwock View Post
Yes.
Paddled flybar obviously.
Is there a prize?

(How much does the camera weigh? Any vids yet?)
I'll give you a prize if you can help me get this V911 to lift a GoPro Hero 3. It is more of me just dreaming of getting this camera in the air at this point. Man I need something bigger with some lifting power.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:42 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Lol
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:51 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
You'll have to work hard modding it to lift even 20g payload, being serious for a moment.
Possibly a stripped down 808 keychain cam is feasible, but I suspect the best way is to use a different heli, maybe a quad, with more grunt in the motor department and a greater lift/weight ratio as you say. Not impossible though, I think.

The Syma S107C carries a little camera, shame it's a coax.
http://www.symatoys.com/product/show/1845.html
Thwock is offline Find More Posts by Thwock
Last edited by Thwock; Feb 04, 2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:52 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective Pitch View Post
I'll give you a prize if you can help me get this V911 to lift a GoPro Hero 3. It is more of me just dreaming of getting this camera in the air at this point. Man I need something bigger with some lifting power.
What you need is a V912.
tominjax is offline Find More Posts by tominjax
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:56 PM
Helicopter Crasher
Joined Dec 2010
78 Posts
Does my heli make my camera look big??

Ok, so maybe that was inspired by questions from my wife.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:24 PM
Joined Jul 2012
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Your sayi f the devo 10 with deviation can only fly v911 and sib ? It's my understanding it can only fly those with the tx module installed into the devo tx and with deviation the devo 10 can pretty much fly all helis ? Including blade,v911 and sibs and spektrum
I don't know if you're quoting me or not, but the Devo 10 can only fly devo protocol (use by Walkera, Exceed and probably others) craft with the stock firmware. If you install DeviationTx (an open source firmware) it can then also fly DSM* (used by Blade, eFlite, Parkzone, and others) and a Nine Eagles protocols. If you then mod the hardware by adding the tx module from a v911 transmitter, you can then use the flysky protocol, which gets you the v911 and it's most immediate sibs. It will not be able to fly things like the v922 and v202. The Devo 10 does telemetry with the devo protocol.

The 9x and clones uses a plugin Tx module. The most popular ones come with a FlySky module, so it will fly anything the Devo 10 + v911 module will fly out of the box. With one of the open source software choices, you can put in a DSM module - either as a plugin, or by yanking it out of a Blade "toy" controller - and then fly all the DSM protocol craft. Unlike the Devo 10, you can get a full-range transmitter for the plugin protocol this way. Getting telemetry requires further modding of the hardware, and uses the FlySky telemetry protocols. The 9x with an HT8 module will bind to the v922, though flying it is still a work in progress.

Even though I use a t9x (or two), I'd buy the Devo 10 if I were starting out and didn't mind spending three times as much for it. The better hardware makes it well worth the extra cost.

Alternatively, there is beta support for the Devo 7e in the latest builds of DeviantTx. That's in the same price range as the t9x, but appears to be a "low power" Tx, and doesn't have controls for much beyond basic flying.
Mike Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Mike Meyer
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:56 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominjax View Post
What you need is a V912.
... or if he has enough room to fly it, an F645
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member