HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:28 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
Looks like you have a stalker, or a secret admirer at least, John. Anyway... Looking forward to flying with you at Tiger Field. It's a great club. I fly at Carson city all the time too.

Hi Jim, I hear your new molded composite aircraft projects are coming along! It's been far too long, we all need to fly together again soon.
Hi Eddie

Good to see you alive and kicking. Yes, lets fly soon. Also, I need to chat with you about a new project that I'm working on. A 6' Composite Euro Fighter twin 90 mm EDF and duel cockpit with animated Gi Joes for pilots.. I need to access your power plant and retract knowledge. So when it warms up lets go fly jets.

The T28 composite kit is just looking lovely and is almost ready to flight test....... Maybe next week. I just finished up the instrument panel test that I made this week, see pic.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:11 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,251 Posts
Jim that's stunning.

I'm really interested in ALL your projects, and the EF sounds amazing and very interesting! I have a new Ta-152 to maiden (the one I was gonna sell last year and then again thought about selling it a few weeks ago - until I took it out and realized there was nothing to making it airworthy, so I built it). You should get something Allied up to shoot me down. We can't have any Jerries flying about, will-nilly and unopposed over Tiger Field, can we??!!
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:10 PM
Joined Oct 2011
1,991 Posts
I'll strap on a couple of Brownings and see you on your six!! I'd like to get my mitts on a nice sized Spit. I may end up just building my own. Where and when are you going to maiden the Fockewulf
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:20 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
United States, NV, Silver Springs
Joined Mar 2007
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
Hi Eddie

Good to see you alive and kicking. Yes, lets fly soon. Also, I need to chat with you about a new project that I'm working on. A 6' Composite Euro Fighter twin 90 mm EDF and duel cockpit with animated Gi Joes for pilots.. I need to access your power plant and retract knowledge. So when it warms up lets go fly jets.

The T28 composite kit is just looking lovely and is almost ready to flight test....... Maybe next week. I just finished up the instrument panel test that I made this week, see pic.
I know you like to build cool stuff like that instrument panel. With your vision and design and my CNC laser cutter we can cut these out with precision all day long. And I have some ideas to back-light the instrumentation. Let me know if you are interested.
johnorama is offline Find More Posts by johnorama
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:09 AM
Joined Oct 2011
1,991 Posts
Hi John.... Always interested in combining skill sets, tools etc.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:27 PM
Joined Feb 2012
53 Posts
Hey Guys ...
Got a question for ya.... What is the thinking on balancing of wood props (18x10). Should you balance before you drill holes or after you drill them ?
Thanks
Terry
tinfin is offline Find More Posts by tinfin
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Oct 2011
1,991 Posts
Balance only when all mods/decoration fitment have been made and it fits correctly. Only then do you want to balance.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:10 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,251 Posts
Quote:
I'll strap on a couple of Brownings and see you on your six!! I'd like to get my mitts on a nice sized Spit. I may end up just building my own. Where and when are you going to maiden the Fockewulf
Some time soon I hope!! It's mostly done, a few bits and pieces here and there to go. Realistically maybe early March purely based on schedule. I'll try to give a week worth of heads up and maybe we can all go for a day of fun flying. I'd like to fly the new engine in the A-4 on the same day to make a big fly day of it.
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:48 PM
Joined Oct 2011
1,991 Posts
Bad day for Lil Brad........ His nice Sbach 342 bit the dust in a spiraling death dive into the desert. Fernley NTSB decided it was the left aileron horn falling off and causing a spin to the right while on a right base turn to landing. The Sbach was low and slow at the time of the incident. The aileron horn screw was found to be missing. So just like the real thing always do pre-flights and check everything.

On another note. Brad was lucky earlier in the day when his other plane had issues with controllability on final. Fernley NTSB concluded that he had a bad servo extension that was replaced at the field for more fun flying.

Now for the good news. I have spare parts for my Sbach....Yeah!!!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:44 AM
Joined Oct 2011
1,991 Posts
Will be flying today around 11 am when it warms up a little.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:29 AM
Joined Feb 2012
53 Posts
Anyone going to fly today (Saturday 2nd) ?
tinfin is offline Find More Posts by tinfin
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:02 AM
Joined Oct 2011
1,991 Posts
A couple of us so far from around 10:15 am
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:46 PM
The old Pilot
Joined Nov 2011
190 Posts
Testing

Testing, testing 1-2-3
2bavi8or is offline Find More Posts by 2bavi8or
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:03 PM
Joined Oct 2011
1,991 Posts
Hey Irv what you up to? Let me know if you want to fly some.... Weather is getting warmer
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:03 PM
The old Pilot
Joined Nov 2011
190 Posts
flying

Quote:
Hey Irv what you up to? Let me know if you want to fly some.... Weather is getting warmer
Jim, I would love to fly.. if I am welcome.
2bavi8or is offline Find More Posts by 2bavi8or