SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:19 AM
the scene of the crash
Joined Mar 2005
470 Posts
Question
help with tail wag in my trex

my trex has tail wag that is consistantley left to right about 1 foot i have not changed the gyro or tx settings. i bought it used and it flew like a champ after a few crashes 6 to be precise the tail wags i have no vibrations what so ever in the head assembly and i am using a gy240 for the gyro please help me.
Burro breath
burro breath is offline Find More Posts by burro breath
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2006, 08:07 PM
Joined Jul 2006
7 Posts
wags

Maybe thru one of the rebuilds the rudder linkage was connected to the servo further from it. This would cause more reaction from the gyro than it did before. Try to move the linkage where it is connected to the server closer to it. I think the expresion is shorten the horn. You may want to check travel on the linkage too. Any adjustments to the tail make sure the linkage isn't binding back there. It would be eisier to try to drop the % on the gyro and see if that helps before getting into mechanical stuff.
bula is offline Find More Posts by bula
Old Aug 26, 2006, 08:59 PM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2006
1,456 Posts
Make sure all the tail grips are tight!
Tail rotors are tracking.
Boom is straight and rotors spin nice and perpindicular to the main rotors.
Tail shaft is straight.
Tail shaft is not sloppy in the bearing.
Tail slider may have excessive slop in it.

Just a few thoughts.

Good Luck,
Andy
I.C.O.N. is offline Find More Posts by I.C.O.N.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 09:25 PM
the scene of the crash
Joined Mar 2005
470 Posts
well i think that there is some slop in the tail gear there is a new boom and back tail grips
burro breath is offline Find More Posts by burro breath