HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2005, 05:34 AM
USA, IN, Nineveh
Joined Apr 2002
2,404 Posts
Discussion
Did Sean Kinkade die?

On December 2,2005 I received an email from Sean that a slow hawk that I purchased from him had shipped. It is now Dec. 30 and I have received nothing.

I sent him a PM from here and received no reply. I emailed him and received no reply. I emailed his business twice and received no reply. I even called him on the phone and got an answering machine but received no reply.

Does anyone know if he is still alive?

Tim
tdearth is offline Find More Posts by tdearth
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2005, 11:27 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
I'm sure he is still alive, there have been a few other reports similar to yours of people having gotten shipping reports but no package. Most people do seem to get their orders eventually. Good luck!
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Last edited by Tres Wright; Dec 01, 2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 04:50 PM
Oslo Fornebu, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
71 Posts
No he did not die - he is still active with his international scam - sorry to hear that he has managed to hoodwink you too - the list simply gets longer and longer and the continued banner ad at the top of this forum can only mean that he has the support of the E-Zone Administration -very shortly an ever growing interest group will insure publication of the evidence in the European modelling press - at least his activities in Europe will be stopped...the latest target is Australia, I understand.
Celtic-Griffin is offline Find More Posts by Celtic-Griffin
Old Dec 31, 2005, 03:13 PM
La Habra, California
Joined May 2004
593 Posts
After 2 false confirmations that my slow hawk was shipped, I called the credit card company and received a refund in 2 days. If you do not dispute a transaction within 90 days, you lose your money.

I really pisses me off that I can't get one of these things.
paracanary is online now Find More Posts by paracanary
Old Dec 31, 2005, 03:27 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Deal with Nathan at http://www.ornithopter.org/ I waited over a year for him to finally get some of Sean's ornis in stock, but once he did I ordered and it was in my hands in a few days. Unfortunately he just sold the last Slow Hawk and Park Hawk he had in stock. I think he still has a few Yard Hawks if you think you can handle it
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Dec 31, 2005, 05:26 PM
Schipperskerk, The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2001
374 Posts
Strange, that non off the people that lost there money this way has payed him a visit. Or did somebody do that already and is that the reason that we do not hear anything from him anymore.
Theo coenen is offline Find More Posts by Theo coenen
Old Jan 03, 2006, 03:06 PM
Oslo Fornebu, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo coenen
Strange, that non off the people that lost there money this way has payed him a visit. Or did somebody do that already and is that the reason that we do not hear anything from him anymore.
Not so strange Theo - he tends to target folk outside the USA, anyway as he has done before on several occasions, he will probably lay low for a time and pop up again when he thinks the current storm has blown over.

It really is a shame that he cannot understand his product is so good that he doesn't need to resort to dirty tricks to make money - a good business manager is all he needs.
Celtic-Griffin is offline Find More Posts by Celtic-Griffin
Old Jan 03, 2006, 04:52 PM
Schipperskerk, The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2001
374 Posts
Hey, if something like this would come over me then you can be sure that I would even walk the distance to get my money back. And no I would never use any kind off violance. I would go to the police in the town that he lives and file a complaint. I would take all the evidence with me. I also would rent a local lawyer to help me with the case.
And yes, I live in europe too. A flight ticket to the states is not that expensive any more.
Theo coenen is offline Find More Posts by Theo coenen
Old Jan 04, 2006, 10:53 AM
Taiwan
Joined Jul 2003
61 Posts
Welcome to join Kinkade Obligee club.
I regret you didn't read my tons of posts before.....
You are just another victim on earth.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420528

You can see many articles in Vendor Talk.
Gamin is offline Find More Posts by Gamin
Old Jan 04, 2006, 11:38 AM
USA, IN, Nineveh
Joined Apr 2002
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamin
Welcome to join Kinkade Obligee club.
I regret you didn't read my tons of posts before.....
You are just another victim on earth.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420528

You can see many articles in Vendor Talk.
The name Kinkade is so well known in regards to ornithopters that I never dreamed that he would be unscrupulous. I still wonder, did he die or did something happen that he has dropped out of sight?

Tim
tdearth is offline Find More Posts by tdearth
Old Jan 04, 2006, 12:43 PM
Joined Nov 2005
17 Posts
No, I talked to his wife yesterday. They are moving to Wi. I also have been waiting for a part for over a month. He will be returning to FL soon. I wish he would move to So Cal so I could drive to his house and pick the part up myself.

jack
jmezzio is offline Find More Posts by jmezzio
Old Jan 18, 2006, 09:54 AM
Taiwan
Joined Jul 2003
61 Posts
Wake up, Sean.
Tell me solutions, don't tell me excuses.

Hello jmezzio,
Please push Sean for us.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:19 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Jun 2000
5,597 Posts
Sean post this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467870 on Friday.

How can one owes so many people still popping up in the forum without any shame?

Brian, an EAJ
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan
Old Jan 26, 2006, 08:56 AM
Joined Apr 2005
19 Posts
I was last year in North Carolina, I called him every day many times, but I wasn´t able to catch him. And it was a little bit far to drive just of good luck to get him.
alexwa is offline Find More Posts by alexwa
Old Jan 26, 2006, 12:07 PM
Taiwan
Joined Jul 2003
61 Posts
Hello Sean,

Please wake up and face to us.