SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:11 AM
Joined Sep 2014
7 Posts
Discussion
Charger service

What type of service is available after purchase? Which vendors offer the best after purchase service? Does Imax offer good service?
marlene is offline Find More Posts by marlene
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:18 AM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,340 Posts
My advice - purchase any of these chargers from this vendor and you'll get the best available charge equipment from a vendor with world class service: http://www.progressiverc.com/chargers/battery-chargers

Welcome to RCGroups!

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:37 AM
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,976 Posts
Hitec chargers are also a good choice. Their customer support is first-class, they have a repair facility in the USA (San Diego), and their turnaround time is remarkably short.

Pete

Note: I own Hitec X2, X4, and X4 Micro chargers and none of 'em have ever needed service. They upgraded my Multiplex Royal Evo 12 transmitter to the latest firmware, though, and I got it back in 6 days.

rePete
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
Last edited by PGR; Sep 20, 2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 01:53 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2007
5,309 Posts
If you want service you need to use a reputable, CONTACTABLE merchant. If you buy cheap Chinese chargers from overseas I personally would consider it disposable. You may be able to get replacements....maybe.....but you most certainly can't get it fixed.
FWIW there are a mess of IMAX B6 chargers on the market (beware eBay) that are fakes and may not of decent quality.
flydiver is online now Find More Posts by flydiver
Last edited by flydiver; Sep 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 08:18 AM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post
What type of service is available after purchase? Which vendors offer the best after purchase service? Does Imax offer good service?
That depends on what you mean by service.

Revolectrix is one of the few vendors that actually services their chargers. They have a service center right here in the USA that can service and repair under warranty or out of warranty chargers

Questions to consider when purchasing a charger:

1) Is a service center available in my home country? If not, where is the closest one?

2) Are the units actually serviced by a repair technician or simply replaced with another unit? If it's another unit, is it a brand new unit or a refurbished unit? Are non-repair services such as calibration available?

3) Does the service center handle out of warranty repairs? If so, how? Are out of warranty repairs charged a flat fee or based on parts and labor?

4) What's the typical turnaround time on having a unit serviced?
Ohmic is offline Find More Posts by Ohmic