106B+ has it
Tag1260 is offline Find More Posts by Tag1260
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2010, 09:22 PM
Flying motor mount master
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
8,745 Posts
Sorry Charles I modified the original post as I was talking about the 208B.

B

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
What is it?

There are about a dozen or so iChargers now. Most items on epbuddy site are $1 less than on progressiverc site.

Both are very good vendors but David at progressive was the first US dealer to import,distribute and support the iCharger line.
fly_boy99 is offline Find More Posts by fly_boy99
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:08 AM
hes
Belgium
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
Had my first hiccup with the 106B tonight. The LCD went completely blank right after I started a charge cycle.

I found if I pressed the Inc, Dec or Start key a few times I would get something. Sometimes random characters, sometimes a partial display, sometimes the normal display with a few weird characters or extra dots and sometimes, the normal display. Note that all this time the charge cycle was still running (I know for sure as a had an FDR in line).

Any thoughts JunSi ?
Hi,

This is a qoute from a 2 year old message. But I have the exact same problem today with a brand new 1010B+.
This is my second 1010B+. The first one failed after 4 months. I returned it to HK and they credited the icharger. I purchaged a new one because I was very happy with it before.
This second 1010B+ seems to work fine, exept that very often the display goes blank or only a few symbols on the top line appear.

Maybe this is a firmware problem so I checked the firmware. It had 3.13h installed. But only 3.13b and 3.13f(BETA) seems official releases. So I tried both but with the same result. Display still goes blank. (With 3.13b the AUTO function of the FAN does not work. I had to turn in ON.)

Any one with this problem? I hope this can be solved with new firmware or something, without sending it back to HK again.

best regards,

Henk
hes is offline Find More Posts by hes
Old Nov 10, 2010, 01:37 PM
Kihie, HI
Joined Oct 2009
48 Posts
Does anyone know if iCharger is coming out with a 40A version like the FMA powerlab 8?
wolfdown is offline Find More Posts by wolfdown
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:05 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,793 Posts
Henk, looks like a display connector problem (not firmware). Open the charger and make sure the connectors for the display are fitting correctly.

I wonder what's changed in 3.13h (perhaps just the fix for the 3010B).
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:37 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hes View Post
Hi,

This is a qoute from a 2 year old message. But I have the exact same problem today with a brand new 1010B+.
This is my second 1010B+. The first one failed after 4 months. I returned it to HK and they credited the icharger. I purchaged a new one because I was very happy with it before.
This second 1010B+ seems to work fine, exept that very often the display goes blank or only a few symbols on the top line appear.

Maybe this is a firmware problem so I checked the firmware. It had 3.13h installed. But only 3.13b and 3.13f(BETA) seems official releases. So I tried both but with the same result. Display still goes blank. (With 3.13b the AUTO function of the FAN does not work. I had to turn in ON.)

Any one with this problem? I hope this can be solved with new firmware or something, without sending it back to HK again.

best regards,

Henk
Hello Henk,

Please open the backside of the PCB board, check two components, C22 and C24, remove them if they are soldered.

Sincerely

Junsi
junsi is online now Find More Posts by junsi
Last edited by junsi; Nov 10, 2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:40 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdown View Post
Does anyone know if iCharger is coming out with a 40A version like the FMA powerlab 8?
Hello Friend,

We are not planning to release a charger with 40A version for the time being, but we may take it into consideration in the future.

Thanks for you suggest.

Best regards
Junsi
junsi is online now Find More Posts by junsi
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:16 PM
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2009
75 Posts
I have some 1s Lipos, 120 & 130 mAh that I charge with my 208B via an adapter. They appear to charge up just fine and measure 4.15v after the charge. Then when I attempt to fly with them (PZ Micro P51), they last less than a minute. I used the lipo cycle function bringing them down to 3.7v and back up to 4.2v for 4 cycles. Still they don't hold up. Are they just shot or can I say deep discharge them to some voltage and back or some other method to revive them?

Thanks,

Don
DWWPilot is offline Find More Posts by DWWPilot
Old Nov 11, 2010, 04:09 AM
Joined Sep 2010
678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi View Post
Hello Henk,

Please open the backside of the PCB board, check two components, C22 and C24, remove them if they are soldered.

Sincerely

Junsi
Hi Junsi !!!

Does that mean they are not supposed to be soldered ?? If not then why are they there ? This is a little confusing... Could you please elaborate a bit.
aeromodellers is offline Find More Posts by aeromodellers
Old Nov 11, 2010, 04:41 AM
Joined Oct 2010
5 Posts
Is there a way to quickly return a 106B+ to factory default settings or does each setting have to be changed manually?
Flyer 63 is offline Find More Posts by Flyer 63
Old Nov 11, 2010, 06:20 AM
hes
Belgium
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi View Post
Hello Henk,

Sincerely

Junsi
Hi Junsi,

THANK YOU!
You are right. Removing C22 and C24 solved the blank LCD issue on my 1010B+.

best regards,

Henk
hes is offline Find More Posts by hes
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:01 AM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWWPilot View Post
I have some 1s Lipos, 120 & 130 mAh that I charge with my 208B via an adapter. They appear to charge up just fine and measure 4.15v after the charge. Then when I attempt to fly with them (PZ Micro P51), they last less than a minute. I used the lipo cycle function bringing them down to 3.7v and back up to 4.2v for 4 cycles. Still they don't hold up. Are they just shot or can I say deep discharge them to some voltage and back or some other method to revive them?

Thanks,

Don
They wear out after a while.

The lipos are not like nicads so a deep discharge won't help.

Try the single charger that came with the UM P-51. If the batteries behave the same way, time to get an Ember to fly them in.
Woody_99 is offline Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old Nov 11, 2010, 03:24 PM
sportflyer
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2004
294 Posts
how to use the balance boards

I am thinking of getting the 1010B plus including one JST-XH balance board .

The board shows 3 X 3S balance sockets .

Can I assume that if I have one battery pack , I use one socket , if 2 battery packs I use 2 of the sockets adjacent to each other ? For 2 packs I will also need to series connect the battery discharge wires before connecting to the icharger ?

Thanks
sportflyer is offline Find More Posts by sportflyer
Old Nov 11, 2010, 03:31 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportflyer View Post
I am thinking of getting the 1010B plus including one JST-XH balance board .

The board shows 3 X 3S balance sockets .

Can I assume that if I have one battery pack , I use one socket , if 2 battery packs I use 2 of the sockets adjacent to each other ? For 2 packs I will also need to series connect the battery discharge wires before connecting to the icharger ?

Thanks
You have it correct. However, understand that it is generally unwise to charge packs in series unless they are identical in every way and used as a single series pack. Charging in parallel is significantly wiser and typically much faster.

Unless you're going to be flying 10S packs, the 206B, 208B, 306B or 3010B would be more versatile, IMO, as they will allow you to charge in parallel at greater current.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2010, 03:48 PM
sportflyer
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2004
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
You have it correct. However, understand that it is generally unwise to charge packs in series unless they are identical in every way and used as a single series pack. Charging in parallel is significantly wiser and typically much faster.

Unless you're going to be flying 10S packs, the 206B, 208B, 306B or 3010B would be more versatile, IMO, as they will allow you to charge in parallel at greater current.

Mark
I will by using at most 2X 3S 5000mah packs making a 6S 5000mah pack . So which charger would you recommend ?
sportflyer is offline Find More Posts by sportflyer