HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:38 PM
3...2...1...See'Ya!!!!
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2006
922 Posts
Question
Anyone know of a good .10 Twin???

Anyone know of a good .10 twin??? I have a couple .10LA and figured i should do something with them. I'm looking for an ARF if possible, I don't have enough time/patients to build from scratch.

Thanks
-j-
jrbackus is offline Find More Posts by jrbackus
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2006, 05:22 PM
Minneapolis
Joined Feb 2006
51 Posts
Take a lookt at this little guy: http://www.nitroplanes.com/redovbrarfni.html I bought one a few months ago but haven't put it together yet. The build quility is pretty good. I'm planning on using a pair of AP .15s, but I bet the .10s would also work okay.

Regards,

Dave
dfetters is offline Find More Posts by dfetters
Old Nov 20, 2006, 08:21 PM
3...2...1...See'Ya!!!!
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2006
922 Posts
I was looking at that guy earlier today and thought it was a viable option. I was worried about using .10's as opposed to .15's tho...
Just from seeing the kit in person, how do you think the .10's would pull it??
Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:17 PM
Minneapolis
Joined Feb 2006
51 Posts
I would think that if you kept it light, it should fly fine. It definitely won't be super acrobatic, but should fly "scale" like. It seems to be built fairly light. I notice you live in Minneapolis, as do I. If you're intrested, you could probably stop over sometime and take a gander.

Cheers,
Dave
Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:22 PM
Minneapolis
Joined Feb 2006
51 Posts
Thinking about it, you could probably add a third .10 to the nose easily and it would be perfect! I'm thinking about doing the same thing with a twinstar and three .25 engines I've got laying around.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:21 PM
3...2...1...See'Ya!!!!
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2006
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfetters
Thinking about it, you could probably add a third .10 to the nose easily and it would be perfect! I'm thinking about doing the same thing with a twinstar and three .25 engines I've got laying around.
HAHAHA, thats an awesome idea!!! Now i have to go back to the hobby shop, lol

Dave, where are you in Minneapolis?? I'm in Eden Prairie, down in the south west corner of the twin cities.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:24 PM
3...2...1...See'Ya!!!!
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2006
922 Posts
I just looked at the un-built kit on the nitro models site, it looks like it was almost made to have an engine on the nose and they decided to put the plastic cone on to cover up the flat spot!!!

Why do you people have to give me these ideas!?!?!?!?!?!
Old Nov 21, 2006, 07:59 PM
Minneapolis
Joined Feb 2006
51 Posts
It's definitely a sickness, I've certianly made way more unjustified plane purchases then I ever thought I would (or could)! You should absolutely get one and stick the third engine in the nose. There are a few threads on this plane, but they're all electric. I don't understand electirc twins, It's like having an electric Harley, it's the sound that makes them so sweet. By the way, I'm down in South Minneapolis, right by Lake Nakomis.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 08:07 PM
3...2...1...See'Ya!!!!
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2006
922 Posts
Where do you fly around here?? A club??
Old Nov 21, 2006, 08:30 PM
Minneapolis
Joined Feb 2006
51 Posts
This was my first summer flying (taught myself last fall), but I joined a club down Rosemont. It's fairly close (15-20 minute drive) and it's got a paved runway. The people seem to be nice enough. I'm not really into the whole RC "scene" as I've got too many other hobbies and interests. My usual trip to the field consists of an hour and a half marathon flying sesion getting in as many tanks as possible before I have to take off.
Last edited by dfetters; Nov 21, 2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 08:44 PM
3...2...1...See'Ya!!!!
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2006
922 Posts
Yea, i'm kinda the same way, i don't belong to a club or anything. I fly at a church here in EP, it's actually a really nice place to fly.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:06 AM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,731 Posts
...back on the subject.....

The horse power figures (on the Tower site) aren't that different; I think if you used .10's and perhaps went to a larger diameter lower pitch prop, you'd get more torque (and less speed). 8 x 3 or 4 as opposed to a 7 x 5 (which is what I used to use).

howell
gwinhh is offline Find More Posts by gwinhh