HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:32 PM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Discussion
Help with RCTimer APM board not powering up

Aloha.

I picked up an APM 2.5 board from RCTIMER and when I went to test it on my PC, I got an error stating that the USB device was drawing too much power and would be disconnected.

When I contacted RCTIMER, they asked if I were able to "match with one FTDI". I asked what they meant, but I think there was a communication error because they just said "You can insert it into the APM board."

I did purchase the FTDI Mini USB adapter, but it is not clear as to how this adapter would connect to the APM board and resolve my issue with connecting it to my computer. I have searched the RCTIMER APM blog posts (VERY thoroughly) but was only able to find information about connecting the 3DR Radio (Air module) and the GPS via FTDI.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I feel like they are expecting this before any type of RMA would be authorized. I'd just be happy to get it working and avoid a lengthy shipping/return process.

Mahalo!

Jeremy
stupudmunkee is offline Find More Posts by stupudmunkee
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2013, 01:54 PM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
So the miscommunication was on my part. They expected me to assemble the board and continue testing. I assumed they wouldn't want that since the board wasn't working as delivered.

Still no joy though.
stupudmunkee is offline Find More Posts by stupudmunkee
Old Sep 17, 2013, 03:34 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
What else do you have hooked to your board? Depending on your computer, I suppose it can't handle the board. Did you try with a USB hub?
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87