Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:56 AM
Stay in it!!!!
Riverside, California, United States
Joined Aug 2004
5,049 Posts
Discussion
M60JB Tow

M60JB Tow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok guys, here is what Im going to do. I just got off the phone with a buddy that bought some of this stuff with me. This is the holy grail of carbon fiber. It is very rare to find and actually costs around $200 per pound and requires a 5000lb order direct from toray to get it. This stuff generally never gets into public hands more for government projects etc. I actually paid a lot more than I thought for it. I have these rolls that have about 1/4 lb on them. There are a couple different sized tubes but they all have pretty much the same amount of material on them. I have been told that selling them at $35 shipped is a smokin deal and it will give a chance for many of you to try it without having to spend so much money. I will get more in return but have a bit of shipping to do. So, thats the deal. Each roll is $35 shipped conus and it is about enough carbon to do sparcaps for a 60-80" DS model.

Pay via paypal to: thecabinetguyjoemanor@yahoo.com and I will get it out to you. Thanks.
joe manor is offline Find More Posts by joe manor
Last edited by joe manor; Feb 15, 2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Was selling it way too cheap. Still super cheap.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:09 AM
DS Addict
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
5,060 Posts
Sorry Joe, Pardon my Naivity, but is it Uni tow, spool of single strand? Is it what you use for spar caps? Got a size reference? I'm new to this stuff, but am after some uni for some big 6m gliders
ALEX HEWSON is offline Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:04 PM
Hump or Death?
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Oct 2012
386 Posts
I heard the Chinese are looking to buy some of that good stuff.

http://www.defenseworld.net/go/defen...llegal%20Trade
O.G. Gamesta is offline Find More Posts by O.G. Gamesta
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:13 PM
Stay in it!!!!
Riverside, California, United States
Joined Aug 2004
5,049 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...91&postcount=1
joe manor is offline Find More Posts by joe manor
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:37 PM
making my own planes...
Curitiba - Brazil
Joined Oct 2007
1,074 Posts
Hi Joe,

what's the main difference between these Toray Tow and the standart 12K at the market? I'm just trying to understand the deal...

André
decones is offline Find More Posts by decones
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:55 PM
I am actually really slow
Brisbane
Joined Jun 2008
955 Posts
Toray make some of the best carbon in the world. Im a big fan of their stuff. Alot of the spread tow fabrics are woven from Toray carbon.

The M60 is top dog as far as UMS Carbon goes. It's nothing new, Its just ultra high modulus carbon. Standard modulus carbon is usually regarded as 'stronger', it's just not as stiff as UMS carbon. UMS is like hardened steel, stiff, but brittle.
SlowBarless is offline Find More Posts by SlowBarless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber up close